We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cane Bay Campground versus Play@Cane Bay - preferences?

Chester, Connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Cane Bay Campground versus Play@Cane Bay - preferences?

Looking to do an anniversary getaway. I believe these sites are very close to one another - has anyone compared them? It looks like they both have tent cabins. We're former Maho Bay regulars looking for a similarly quiet, clean location with great snorkeling - any input on one-versus-the-other most appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
Crystal Springs...
Level Contributor
939 posts
163 reviews
1. Re: Cane Bay Campground versus Play@Cane Bay - preferences?

The tent cabins are owned by Virgin Kayak which has sites at Cane Bay as well as Salt Pond. I think what your seeing with the Play @ Cane Bay website is an overall view of what is available. The tent cabins are a bargain at $85. Nearby locations are much higher. On Cane Bay there is one excellent restaurant named The Waves which also has remodeled accommodations. There is also eat @ Cane Bay which is getting good reviews under new owners. Snorkeling is good to excellent. Enter the sea from the boat ramp to avoid sea urchins. Cane Bay is a locals hang out on Sunday afternoons and it's really fun !!! We usually stay just down the road at Carambola and end up playing at Cane Bay. There are two beach bars with food ... Spratnet and Off the Wall. Off season this area is a bit slow and sometimes closed shops. I always make it a point to get one good long snorkel at Cane Bay when on island. Someone set up an undersea Carousel pony on the sea floor several hundred meters out and scuba divers come from all over to get their pic on the pony. Have fun, we always do !!!

Chester, Connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Cane Bay Campground versus Play@Cane Bay - preferences?

Thank you!

Reply to: Cane Bay Campground versus Play@Cane Bay - preferences?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frederiksted