We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best grocery or deli?

Houston, Texas
1 post
1 review
Best grocery or deli?

My husband and I will be staying in fredericksted for a few days and I was wondering if there are any particularly good grocery stores or deli-type places where we can get semi-prepped, and preferably delicious, food that would be good to pack in a cooler to take to the beach for a picnic? It doesn't have to be close to fredeicksted, but that would be a plus. Thank you!!

3 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Best grocery or deli?

Both Turtles Deli and Polly's at the Pier make food that would be good to take to the beach. Both are right in Fredriksted and both are really good.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: Best grocery or deli?

Turtles Deli makes great and large sandwiches. Plaza Extra West would probably be your best bet for full service grocery store close to F'sted but I don't recall specifically what they have for semi-prepared. There is also a Roti truck across from the Kmart west for something different.

Madison, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
318 reviews
3. Re: Best grocery or deli?

Turtles and Polly's in Frederiksted are good options to stop in for take out sandwiches and such. Plaza Extra West is close and a good choice for full service grocery. They do have a deli, but we didn't purchase anything prepared so I can't speak to how good it is from that stand point. If you're going to spend any time at Rainbow Beach in Frederiksted, then you have Rhythms right on the beach and can just walk over from your beach chair/towel and grab a quick bite and never have to leave the beach.

Reply to: Best grocery or deli?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frederiksted