We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend a day

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend a day

My boyfriend and I will be in St. Thomas for 1 day from 7 to 5. Our ship offers a trip to Paradise Point, but I've seen Mountain Top mentioned in some reviews on here. Which is better? I would like to do one of those, do a little shopping, and spend some time on Megan's Bay. Will I be able to do those things and make it back for a 1 PM snorkeling excursion? Or do I just need to plan to skip the snorkeling?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,081 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend a day

Paradise Point is right across from the WICO cruise ship dock at Havensight so if your ship is parked up there you can walk across the street to the tramway and don't need a tour excursion to take you there. Mountain Top offers a different view/perspective but if you take a taxi to Magens Bay you can probably arrange it so that you stop at the Drake's Seat overlook en route for a similarly great North side view.

You'll be off the ship by 8AM so will have plenty of time to take in some views and Magens Bay and be back by 1PM for a snorkeling trip. Have fun!

West Frankfort...
Level Contributor
587 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend a day

There are a couple of beaches (Coki and sapphire) where you can snorkel right off the beach. If you want to fit several things in, concider a tour with sunny Liston or Air Force one fun tours. You can google them for more info, but have several options like a few hours at a beach, mountaintop, and shopping. I think they cost around $40 per person and give you the most bang for your buck!

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend a day

STT, that sounds great! Thanks!!

Leslie, I wondered about those beaches, but I didn't know if they were as nice as Magen's Bay. I will look into the tour groups. Thanks!!

West Frankfort...
Level Contributor
587 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to spend a day

Magens is a beautiful soft sand beach, but I guess since it is sand only, no rocks or reef, that is why no fish to speak of to see snorkeling. I think sapphire has a better view than any on st Thomas, but not much in amenities. Coki would have chair and other rentals.

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to spend a day

Would we need our own snorkel equipment if we chose one of those beaches or do they have places where you can rent them on the beach?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,081 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to spend a day

The dive shop at Sapphire is closed so there's no snorkel gear to rent and there are no chaise lounges available for any other than residents or rental guests. Magens has everything as does Coki. I'm guessing you're going on a snorkeling tour by boat? Don't miss that!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to spend a day

It mentions on Sunny Listons website that Sapphire Beach is now open and also mentions snorkling equipment and chairs????? Would there be taxis at the pier that would take us sight seeing and to a beach? What would I expect to pay?

8. Re: How to spend a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2015, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie