We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

Door County WI
Level Contributor
302 posts
16 reviews
Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

What are my options and costs to get to the CA ferry from the airport. What are the chances of catching a 12:15 ferry if my flight arrives at 11:05?

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
1 review
1. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

Taxi only and if you are checking luggage and it comes out first and there are other people leaving in a taxi (so you don't have to wait for it to fill) I would say good chance you will make it as the CA ferry is about 10 mis from the airport.

Pia

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,172 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

Suggest you check with the operator (phone numbers on schedule) before making your way there to make sure the ferry is running as it's not as dependable as the regular Red Hook/Cruz bay runs:

vinow.com/travel/…

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
1 review
3. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

They must be catching a BVI ferry as there is no STJ ferry at 12:15pm :)

Pia

Door County WI
Level Contributor
302 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

We are going to the BVIs. What is the cost of a shared taxi verses private. There are three of us.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,172 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

That should have hit me, Pia but of course it didn't!

Taxis charge per person and you don't need a private taxi for a 5-10 minute max run. Fare will be $4 per person.

vinow.com/stthomas/…

There may be other people in the cab with you but you'll be the first drop-off.

Door County WI
Level Contributor
302 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

I only asked about the private taxi incase the timing gets close to the ferry departure time and I don't want to wait for him to fill up the cab. Thanks for all your help.

7. Re: Best way to get to CA ferry from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2017, 01:18