We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
93 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

We are a family of 5, and have a full day and a half on St. Thomas before flying home. It will also be our son's 16th birthday, so we want to make sure we are someplace that we like. I currently have us booked into 2 rooms at the Emerald Beach resort near the airport. I have read mixed reviews on the Emerald Beach resort, but mostly positive ones. I'm now second guessing myself, and am thinking about moving us the the Marriott Frenchman's Cove. It will be more expensive, but looks really nice. Our flight doesn't leave until 4:30 in the afternoon, so we'll be playing at the hotel as long as possible before heading out. Just looking for opinions.. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
1,869 Reviews
St. Thomas
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

If it were me I'd pick the Cove, nice property.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
93 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

Thanks. It looks really nice. I know I'm overthinking this whole thing, especially since it's just one night, but since it's our son's 16th birthday, I really want to have it be nice!

mi
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

Both are nice options. We prefer the Marriott (the cove is the timeshare, the Reef & Morningstar are the hotel rooms).

Trinidad & Tobago
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

Emerald beach resort is on a lovely bay, the beach is delightful. An advantage of staying here is on the day of departure one can take the complimentary shuttle to their sister property Carib Beach resort and take a short walk to the airport, saving on cab fare. Frenchman's Reef is a beautiful hotel with wonderful pools and a nice beach at Morning star and a smaller beach at the cove. I think the 16 year old might enjoy Frenchman's Reef more though.

Mentioned in this post
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
1,869 Reviews
St. Thomas
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
93 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

Thanks. We are going to do the Marriott. Hard choice, but I think our boys will enjoy the property ( and so will my husband and I!)

6. Re: One night stay- Emerald beach resort or Marriott Frenchman's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2017, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie