We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuxedocat Prowling Island

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Tuxedocat Prowling Island

I'm on island for another 4 days and will try to answer any questions from an on-site basis. So far yesterday only overcast/rainy day in 9. Weather is awesome, mostly in low 80's high 70's and few bugs.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Tuxedocat Prowling Island

Where are you staying? How are North Shore beaches? Calm? Rough?

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Tuxedocat Prowling Island

I get there on Sunday. How is the rum supply on island?

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Tuxedocat Prowling Island

Bluewater: We have a little place in Coral Bay but we had guests and ended up going all over the island. Funny you should ask about the North Shore beaches because we had two days last week that were "red flag" days when the winter swells really work up the tide. Trunk Bay was very dangerous. Of course, with guests we went back towards the end of the week and it was much better.

StJohnMax: Well, we put in a pretty big dent with guests and all, but they're shipping in more as I write.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Tuxedocat Prowling Island

BTW, Vie's was like Grand Central Station today! Big yacht parked nearby (looked like Kenny's) and a couple of jetski's came in and picked up food. Food was as delicious as always. Snorkeling was amazing with several stingrays and turtles, juvenile barracudas and fry were on hand. We went to Brown Bay in the afternoon and the water was a bit choppy but still had a wonderful time snorkeling. Ever since folks have been more conscientious about not taking conchs etc., the aquatic life has improved greatly.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
52 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Tuxedocat Prowling Island

We are arriving on Friday! Where have you found good snorkeling this week? We snorkeled 5 days last year and it was too much for my husband, so I want to be selective this year!

6. Re: Tuxedocat Prowling Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 21:17