We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bos to stt flight emergency landing

salem, ma
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Bos to stt flight emergency landing

I just heard a flight from Boston going to st Thomas had to make an emergency landing. Hope everyone is ok and that they are back on their way to paradise safely.

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
754 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Bos to stt flight emergency landing

It looks like they'll be arriving in a few minutes, but nearly 4 hours late. I bet there are some stressed folks on that plane. If they're getting cars on STT and trying to catch the car barge they'll want to hustle pretty quickly.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Bos to stt flight emergency landing

Just glad it looks like they're making it safely. My first trip to STT, we had to make an emergency landing in Charlotte...we ended up in St Thomas a day late. Wasn't fun, but won't ever forget it either!

Hope they're all able to relax and have a great vacation...

MA
Level Contributor
747 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Bos to stt flight emergency landing

Two years ago when trying to land in STT, the pilot had to abort twice due to wind shear. He was only allowed a third try before having to divert to PR, with the potential of not having enough fuel. Our daughter and boyfriend were with us on the plan. It was her garduation from college celebration and it was one of the most anxiety producing experiences that any of us have ever gone through. You could have heard a pin drop each time the pilot attempted to make it up each time over the mountain at the end of the run way. In 18 years we had never had such a difficult landing...they handed out extra rum drinks at the terminal and the flight attendants reported that they were heading straight to a local bar. I felt as if I was goint to have total melt down. Last year my husband and I went through the same experience......we are headed back in two weeks. What is it about the STJ experience that just over rides all challenges to get there?

4. Re: Bos to stt flight emergency landing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:16