We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
361 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

Has anyone done a sailing charter from Nassau to the Exumas with Navtours? If so, how as the supermarket (convenience store?) at the charter base at Palm Bay? Do the boats come with toys like noodles? Did you provision by yourself or use a service?

6 replies to this topic
Redondo Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

First time chartering with NavTours this summer. My family is chartering with them the first two weeks in August. There is a "Super Value" grocery store about 5 mins from the marina for large provisioning. Not sure if the boat comes with the toys. We have done several bareboat charters in the BVI's and always do the provisioning ourselves.

Edited: 24 March 2017, 11:07
Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
361 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

Guess we'll have to compare notes after we return!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

We`ve just hired a Lagoon 45 with crew. We were 7 friends and we´ve spent one off the most incredible trips of my life. We were lucky to have Patrick as captain and his wife Vicky as our chef on board. Everything was amazing. These guys were super cool. The food was incredible, changing everyday. The Lagoon was very confortable. I must say that it was far beyond my expectations. We did a lot of snorkeling with sharks, stingrays and turtles. It was a trip I´d repeat in a couple of years. Ask for Patrick and Vicky as your crew, they´re incredible guys! good luck

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

I forgot, they did all the supermarket stuff! We only took some wine, beer and champagne.

Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

This is something that we with friends are looking at doing. Can you tell me roughly how much you paid and what were the sailing conditions like?

Thanks so much,

Ian

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
361 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours

We chartered a 4 cabin/4 head catamaran from Navtours (Narval, 39 feet) during off season, and it was approx. $6K for the boat charter without crew (we did a one-way charter from Nassau to Staniel Cay, so the return skipper added more to the rate).

Since we went in May, we had no cold fronts (and not much wind for sailing, either). The seas were calm during our charter. Having sailed in the area from December through March, I can tell you that the conditions can vary greatly, depending on the weather.

I have blogged about our charter if you want more info: https:/…

Reply to: Questions for Anyone Who Has Chartered With Navtours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted