We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nassau on Jan 1

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nassau on Jan 1

We'll be in Nassau on January 1st. I expect everything to be close but what about beaches? Can we still go to a beach somewhere? I've only been there twice and we stayed in the city and visited Atlantis so I'm not sure what to expect when we get there on a Holiday.

Thanks,

Ela

4 replies to this topic
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nassau on Jan 1

Ela, you've always got public beach access, even on a holiday. Just maybe no lifeguard or vendors. Where are you staying? If you can't walk to a beach, then you can easily get a taxi if you're near a hotel. Most shops will be closed, except for the occasional pharmacy or hotel shop. You'll also want to avoid downtown, as the NYE Junkanoo will have just taken place and the street a mess with people still milling about.

And you'll probably have the beach all to yourselves, as no self-respecting Bahamian swims during our "winter"!

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nassau on Jan 1

Hello😃There may not be much persons on the Beach on Christmas Day because everyone is at some Christmas gathering.But the beach will be open.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 10:52
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nassau on Jan 1

Oh gosh I swore I saw Christmas Day. Either which way you can go to the beach on January 1st.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
30 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nassau on Jan 1

I recommend visiting the Junkanoo Festival in downtown on New Year's Day morning. It is fantastic! I think it starts around 2am and runs to about 11am.

Reply to: Nassau on Jan 1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted