We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goat Peppers

billings,mt
Level Contributor
218 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Goat Peppers

Had some great Conch Salad and want to make it at home but I need goat peppers. Any idea where I could find some to order?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Goat Peppers

You can find them at any grocery store or produce stand. One problem....you can not legally transport fresh produce and such over borders. Get the locally bottled hot sauces...plenty hot, easy to get, and no problem taking home.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goat Peppers

We love goat peppers but cannot find anything similar here at home. You can order them online apparently but we have not done that yet. I had a delicious mahi dish on Long Island that was prepared with them and our car rental guy gave us several to cook with while on the island.

billings,mt
Level Contributor
218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goat Peppers

I am unable to find them at home either and not able to find a good place to order the hot sauce. Bummer.

bahamas
Level Contributor
279 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goat Peppers

Scubawifeinmaui....I will bring you some when I go to Yellowstone next summer! Try a scotch bonnet or habanero pepper instead. They are great substitutes. And use both orange and lime juices for the best flavor that will be similar to a sour orange.

billings,mt
Level Contributor
218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goat Peppers

Perfect! I will give your suggestions a try. You will love Yellowstone, we take our Harley up there often.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Goat Peppers

Fiery Foods has a fun article about why goat peppers are called goat peppers :)

fiery-foods.com/chiles-around-the-world/76-c…

billings,mt
Level Contributor
218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goat Peppers

Very interesting and some good recipes too. Not that we will ever find conch in Montana but I can substitute shrimp. I think I will make up a batch of hot sauce.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Goat Peppers

Conch do freeze (& thaw) exceptionally well... but that doesn't solve the problem of actually having them in Montanta - fly down for a day or two to get some?!? LOL

billings,mt
Level Contributor
218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goat Peppers

You have no idea how much we would love to do that!

10. Re: Goat Peppers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Nassau