We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

USA
3 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

We have 2 boys ages 11, 10 and a girl aged 7. Atlantis web site says the max guests in a royal towers room is 5 (with one of them being 4 or under). There is huge price difference for other options.

I was wondering… can we say our daughter is 4 while making reservations and getaway with it.

Do they check kid’s passports during check in? Also do we face any issues to get the wrist band for the rides? Thanks a lot for any advice or insight.

Mt. Vernon, IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

We just got back from Atlantis 2 days ago. (me, my husband and 10yr old son) You are going to love it! No, they do not check passports at check in. As for wristbands you simply give your room key at towel stand, they scan your card and give you your wristbands. You can't get wristbands for the whole family. They have to be with you at the stand and they put them on you. I wouldn't see any problem with saying she's 4. Some slides have a 48" height requirement but no age requirement. Be glad to answer any questions you have.

USA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

mtvuser, thanks for putting me at ease. My plan is to make reservations for 5 of us( saying the younger one is 4) and hope they don't ask her passport at the front desk when we checkin. Crossing my fingers for the best. Thanks again.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

There's a misconception that you can pass off your 7 year old as 4 and get a pass for her. You will only get 4 passes.

I know this is a financial burden.. but I suggest you look into the Harbourside villas, or a suite that hold 5 people

Desk clerks are supposed to ask for passports at check in. This is a big risk.

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

I personally think it's ridiculous that the 5th guess must be 4 yrs. and under. A rollaway is a a rollaway regardless of what aged person is using it along with showers, towels, etc. I really was turned off by this since we might have my mother-in-law as a fifth person. Not many choices for a family of 5 which is very disappointing unless you are willing to spend almost $1000 more. I would also be careful of passing a 7 year old as a 4 year old. The last thing you need is for them to catch you and then what? You can check the Harborside as someone else recommended and if you book through www.atlantisfamilyfun.com that have privately owned villas rented through an agency. I found it to be cheaper than the rates through the Atlantas. We are traveling in July and the 1 BDRM Premium villa that allows 5 is a flat rate of $4,000. No other fees but you must rent for a week. Hope this helps you.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

The 4 to a room is a fire law... and some rooms will not allow even a rollaway.

It's a 4 or under rule.. and they WILL check.. no way will a 7 year old pass for a child under 4.

Room card is good for 4 passes only. No way around it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

I suggest against it too. The last thing you need is trouble when you are on vacation. Stay at Harborside or maybe Comfort suites.

Now, my daughter when she was 7 could easily pass for a 4 year old except for her teeth. She was ultra tiny. She still is. She is 15 and weighs 85lbs and is very short. The teeth are a dead giveaway on the age of a child.

USA
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

I wish we have gone there three years earlier... but "now" is not bad either. Thanks to all. I will look at the other options suggested.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

Comfort Suites also has a 4 maximum--and they may not check at check in--but when you go to get wrist bands they have gotten much more vigilant about handing them out--we own at Harborside and when our large group goes they always confirm we have two bedrooms.

With kids you will be happier with the extra room at Harborside--if you get the larger 1 bedroom a 5th person is no problem.

You can book these through the hotel but then you pay all the taxes,housekeeping etc charges which can add up to 18-20%. You avoid all those if you rent from an owner or from a site like www.atlantisfamilyfun.com

Noreen there is great and you can e mail her from the site.

MA
Level Contributor
412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

If you stay at Comfort Suites you can pick up a room for around $200 a night, so even if you're picking up 2 rooms I'm guessing you're not paying much more than for one room at Royal Towers. Plus you get a free continental breakfast, which for a family of five would amount to some savings.

If you book through Expedia, it's suggested by some recent travelers that your rate might be inclusive of all fees. Good luck!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis Royal Towers - 5 Guests

We stayed at royal towers with 5 in a room when my youngest was 4. They checked his passport. Hes big for his age.

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island