We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harborside rental from owners

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Harborside rental from owners

If you rent a week at Harborside from an owner ......how much is it usually? Do you go to redweek.com or how do you find units for rent & know it's legitimate?

I'm trying to compare it to a week at Comfort Suites, so far I'm looking at a week for about $2400 including the tax.

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Might want to check these guys out http://www.atlantisfamilyfun.com/

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Just one note--when you rent from an owner there aren't any add on's (taxes/maid/etc) which can add up to anywhere from 18-22% so make sure you are comparing apples to apples--atlantisfamilyfun.com has lots of inventory and info on their site--I use Noreen there.

Sundre, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
3. Re: Harborside rental from owners

You can check out the marketplace at TUG as there are a number of listings. tug2.com/TimeshareMarketplace/default.aspx

Click on the Caribbean for rent and then click on resorts to arrange them alphabetically. You can pick up a one bedroom for less then what you have posted. One caveat, just because the listing is at TUG, does not mean it is from a member there but if you see a rental from a longtime member at TUG, you could have a level of comfort that it is legitimate.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Harborside rental from owners

atlantisfamilyfun.com is a great resource. We traveled last year with friends that rented a one bedroom for about $2000 for the week on VRBO.

Medina, WA
Level Contributor
400 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Definitely add up all those fees at Comfort Suites and if you have anyone in your party that is 16 years and older, they are charged as an adult which is the reason we chose Harborside. It turned out to be less money and one flat fee. We rented from atlantisfamilyfun who are really nice people, very informative and honest. They will give you their opinions on choosing a building and room, as well as restaurants etc. Noreen or John are great.

hardyston, nj
Level Contributor
349 posts
6. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Checkers,

When were you planing on going? We will be there Oct 31 to Nov 7th. Already getting itchy to go!!!

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Harborside rental from owners

TUG is a great source but nowhere the inventory of atlantisfamilyfun--if there is a week you are interested in on TUG that would also work but just about any week of the year can be found on the atlantisfamilyfun site.

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
131 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Harborside rental from owners

We rented from an owner through Redweek. We used an online escrow service and everything with the transaction went pretty smoothly.

We rented a two bedroom two bath which will hopefully have a nice view of the marina and the Royal Towers (we arrive this Sunday).

I found the rates for the two bedroom to be about $500/night based on a week rental but that's all-in with no additional "energy" fees/taxes/daily house cleaning charges. Seemed competitive for the size of the unit but as you will see asking prices vary widely.

Wags

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
99 reviews
9. Re: Harborside rental from owners

We also rented from an owner on Redweek and we will arrive on July 25th. We used a vacation escrow service and are renting from someone who has a fixed week in Phase 1 with a view of marina. I received a confirmation via e-mail (and I confirmed with Harborside directly) so all looks good. I will let you know how it works out. I almost rented from AtlantisFamilyFun because I have heard lots of good things about them, however our week is costing about $285.00 a night including the vacation escrow charge for a one bedroom waterview premium. This price was quite a bit lower than what I found on AtlantisFamilyFun.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Harborside rental from owners

The $2400 at comfort Suites did include all the taxes. We've stayed there before. Our son will be 18 by then and counts as an adult, so we'll have 3 adults and a 13 yr. old.

We're planning over July 4 next summer.

How far is the walk from Harborside?

Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island