We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harborside rental from owners

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Harborside rental from owners

If you rent a week at Harborside from an owner ......how much is it usually? Do you go to redweek.com or how do you find units for rent & know it's legitimate?

I'm trying to compare it to a week at Comfort Suites, so far I'm looking at a week for about $2400 including the tax.

Ocean View, Delaware
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
15 reviews
21. Re: Harborside rental from owners

I could be wrong but even though it is run by Starwood I have never been able to get Starwood points for my miscellaneous charges there so I am not sure you are missing out on anything--if you do get points I would be glad to hear about it so I can pursue it my next trip.

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
22. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Harborside stays are not eligable for Starwood points. As an owner there, I do have the option of exchanging my week for Starpoints but nothing at the resort is associated with the Starwood Prefered Guest Program.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
35 posts
23. Re: Harborside rental from owners

sent a messagre to starwood -- a paid receipt of the bill from stay can be submitted for starwood points -- definately somethin that seems to be a hidden fact -- contact them die=rectly and they are cooperative.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
40 reviews
24. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Drinking Dolphin- I'm not understanding. We just returned from Harborside with our bill paid on our Starwood American Express card...they add points 1:1 for all purchases, unless they are at a SPG hotel property, and then they are 3:1, I believe.

Sundre, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
25. Re: Harborside rental from owners

MaryL31, what is being discussed is not the points that acrue from the use of a Starwood affiliated credit card to pay for your stay but rather the points one normally gets from staying at a Starwood hotel or resort. If Drinkingdolphin is correct and points can be obtained through contacting spg, then it will come as great news to members of tug who spend thousands during their stays but receive no points - or maybe she is experiencing a one of.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
40 reviews
26. Re: Harborside rental from owners

I guess where I'm not understanding is that, to my knowledge, Starwood RESORTS do not give the points- only their hotels.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
40 reviews
27. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Drinking Dolphin- looking back on your post, you are not missing anything such as early check-in and free upgrades-they absolutely DO NOT exist at Harborside- only at SPG hotels, and we've often taken advantage of it, as well as 4:00 pm check-outs.

New York
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
19 reviews
28. Re: Harborside rental from owners

I was told by starwood that you do not get star wood preferred guest points for spending any money at Harborside. Reason being is that the owners would have to agree. starwood is only part owner and sol kerzner is the other .If sol gave you spg points for spending money at atlantis and harborside ,he in turn have to give all his guests staying at atlantis points .And he chooses not to because he is part owner. also say you have alot of points(SPG) accrued from another resort and want to use them at harborside .you can not because it is not a full starwood resort .

Connecticut
Level Contributor
35 posts
29. Re: Harborside rental from owners

I contacted Starwood and asked if I would be eligable for points based upon my stay at a Satrwood property (namely, Harborside) -- the representative told me to forward a copy of the paid bill from the end of the stay, and the points would be adjusted accordingly...we'll see what actually happens when I get back and submit them. Hope it works for all of us. :)

CT
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
30. Re: Harborside rental from owners

Actually, Starwood does not usually allowed for points to be earned when staying at one of their SVO resorts - as opposed to their hotels.

I know our Starwood confirmation for harborside states as much anyway.

So don't feel bad:)