We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel adventure

detroit, mi
2 posts
2 reviews
snorkel adventure

will be at Atlantis next week with wife and 2 daughters ages 8 and 10 (both strong swimmers)and considering doing the blue adventures snorkel excursion...any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DetroitDave

Connecticut
Level Contributor
35 posts
1. Re: snorkel adventure

Just got back last night -- booked the Robinson Crusoe Picnic -- left port at 10:20 am -- ferry ride out 1 hr and 10 mis -- snorkeled on an uninhabited island all day -- Bahamain Buffet lunch (salad, fresh fruit, ribs, chicken, rice and beans and hot dogs -- limitless lemonade (and cheap, boxed white wine -- stick to the lemonade) are free of charge -- cash bar -- Kalik available for a fee -- boat leaves at 3:20 pm -- amazing snorkling -- brink your own snorkel stuff if you can, if not, it is supplied, just not in the best shape -- AMAZING CORAL REEF!! My 9 and 10 year olds voted that our " best Day Ever" -- swimming with dolphins a close 2nd. Don't know about the one you're speaking of, but, a day away from Atlantis did us all good! Although there is a little reef to check out at the Cove beach, it's nothing compared to the technicolor nirvana we experienced away from the prying hands of the masses.

Enjoy your trip!

here and there
Level Contributor
8,540 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: snorkel adventure

I haven't done this myself, but know of others who have. I'm told that this trip consists of alot of learning.. about conservation of reef systems, Coral formations etc, and that there is a pretty decent coral reef that they are trying to recover, but that there was not alot of sealife.

Bridget's Beaches or Girls next Door did a trip here, and even the staff explained that it's the coral reef that you were exploring, not alot of colorful fish.

From the Atlantis website:

Guests learn first hand from an Atlantis aquarist about marine conservation, coral reefs, and the colorful fish that inhabit them.

If you want great snorkeling, with lots of sea life, then you should check out:

Robinson Crusoe (as stated above)

Flying Cloud (www.flyingcloud.info)

Seahorse (www.seahorsesailingadventures.com)

detroit, mi
2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: snorkel adventure

Thanks for the updated feedback. I just checked out Robinson Crusoe deal online and it looks much better than the one I was considering. Snorkeling will be new to us so we don't have our own stuff. Is the gear they provide adequate or should I hit the local store before we leave?? Thanks again!

here and there
Level Contributor
8,540 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: snorkel adventure

Grab your own snorkel and mask.. then just use their fins. I do it all the time.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: snorkel adventure

I recommend Stuart Coves for underwater adventures. They are a pro outfit and have done dives for movies and Discovery Channel.

Snorkel dives, sub dives and diving with sharks etc.

World class dive outfit. They have hotel pickups.

check out their website

http://www.stuartcove.com/

6. Re: snorkel adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island