We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GL Lighthouse Point

Taylor Ridge...
2 posts
Save Topic
GL Lighthouse Point

We have reservation for 2 days mid February at GL Lighthouse Point but i can't find any reviews at all and from what i have found it sounds like it is in the middle of construction.and not a very nice hotel at all. Are my assumptions correct and this Is this not a good hotel? Should we ask for a different hotel?.

Billerica...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

You probably did not find any reviews because you used, or included, Lighthouse Pointe in your search. Search for Grand Lucayan. You'll find plenty of them. Lighthouse is actually one of 3 buildings comprising Grand Lucayan - Breaker's Cay (a high rise), Lanai Suites (more apartment like and I don't know if it is open), and Lighthouse Pointe. Lighthouse is a three story building on the east end of the resort property. The grounds are beautiful and you should be fine. There is a fourth building - Reef Village - at the west end of the property that is not currently open. The property is several acres with a great amount of beach. One suggestion. Don't east at the resort. Prices are astronomical and you can get food as good or better at many restaurants right across the street at the Port Lucaya Marketplace for a LOT less money.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

It's a good hotel by GBI standards, yes - there was some construction going on getting ready for a big Italian group, but they're gone now so I don't think they're doing much else, but not sure about that. Just check out the reviews by clicking the "Grand Bahama Hotels" link on the left. I'm sure you'll have a good time - solid 4-star stuff (not 5-star, GBI doesn't have that).

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

what did you think about it? we are headed there next week!! should I be scared??

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

what did you think about it? we are headed there next week!! should I be scared??

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

I've never stayed there, you'd be best served to check out the review section where people have stayed there recently. I don't know anything about the rooms, but the resort facilities are the best on the island, very nice place, and a very good location, walk across the street to Port Lucaya for dining, shopping and entertainment (on the weekend nights), watersports onsite, spa, etc.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

We are heading to this resort next month, I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are on this hotel.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

Review from earlier this year:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147420-d269…

San Jose...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

Thank You Danny S--I am going in August and trying to get all the info before hand. Anything eles you can tell me about the location would help. I am planning on horseback riding while there, should I book in advance?

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

Going for our 22nd anniversiary. Saw a youtube and it looks great. staying in an oceanview. Anyone have a comment? Our trip is in the beginning of next month...

Linda S.

Dayton, Nv.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GL Lighthouse Point

Going for our 22nd anniversiary. Saw a youtube and it looks great. staying in an oceanview. Anyone have a comment? Our trip is in the beginning of next month...

Linda S.

Dayton, Nv.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island