We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Grand Bahama

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
796 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Memories Grand Bahama

Has anyone heard when the Memories resort will open? We are going to take the new direct flight this winter from Winnipeg and stay at Memories. I'm a bit nervous staying somewhere with no reviews but so excited to see Grand Bahams Island!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

It's the old Grand Lucayan. The latest information I received from my travel agent is the renovations will be completed by December 2013. It will very nice according to the travel agent. Have fun and let us know how it is. Planning to go in March 2014.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

I have also booked a trip there this coming May. I was looking for some info on it as well, I was under the impression it opened in early 2013. This is the first I heard it won't be completed until Dec. Makes me a little leary.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 11:59
Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

If anyone does get any information on this resort in the coming days/weeks/months, I would appreciate greatly if you posted it here.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

Friends on the Island seem to think early in the new year for the opening as renovations are nearly complete. Sunwing has updated their website and started sending out info on the resort (although I don't think package deals are available just yet)

as for a lack of reviews, the hotel is not the Grand Lucayan (it is still open). it is the property beside the Grand Lucayan on the same beach across from the port lucaya tourist area. It used to be the Reef Village and I think the Sheraton before that. The beach is fantastic groomed white sand and the hotel property used to be a favourite of mine before it closed several years ago. Obviously with the new renovations and all the changes I can't discuss the food or AI options.

Grand Bahama Island is a great quiet island to visit with some of the best SCUBA diving (Shark week every day) and a few good golf courses.

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

Sunwing is now booking for January 25th

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

it will be almost new when you come, so at least you shouldn't have to worry about anything being run down or like that. Will be fun to be the "guinea pig" that can come back and tell everyone else about what awaits them. Great beach, great location, direct flight, great water, can't be too bad.

Miami Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

Check this out for those looking for uodates

sunwing.ca/Bahamas-Travel/Grand-Bahama/Memor…

Edited: 25 August 2013, 00:10
Miami Beach, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

Check this out for those looking for updates

sunwing.ca/Bahamas-Travel/Grand-Bahama/Memor…

Edited: 25 August 2013, 00:11
Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

Was looking at an Oceanfront Deluxe room for beginning of April. Was a great deal at $1355. However, looked again today and the prices jumped $150.00 to $1505.00

Still a great price for Bahamas so think I will book now as Sunwing has price drop guarantee and you only have to put $50.00 deposit down.

Went to the Memories Flamenco in Cayo Coco a month after it openned in 2012. Was very nice (accept for the beach). Nice to go to a resort where everything is new or remodelled.

Selkirk, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Memories Grand Bahama

hi! they JUST opened!

Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island