We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

Chief marketingofficer Thomas Anderson said: "Part of the resort is currently closed. One of the wings, called the Lighthouse Point, is going to be redeveloped in a more timeshare, fractional ownership real estate play.”

fractionallife.com/news_bahamas_resort_to_ad…

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

Interesting news, Mike. It's a beautiful location.

Wondering if they are going to continue with the Celebration beach party that hits that beach every other day?

Granby, Colorado...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

I booked a cruise about a year ago w/ Bahamas Celebration and upon getting our information back am finding we are booked to stay at GL Lighthouse Point. Can you please send me a website I can do more research? We leave in a few weeks.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

You can see reviews of Grand Lucayan on this website by using the hotels links.

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

Deb L, we are scheduled to do that same thing on Monday - can you update on how your cruise/stay was?

Edited: 23 June 2013, 22:49
Granby, Colorado...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

Just got this post from you...We absolutely LOVED the Grand Lucayan..it's proximity to the town/shops, local flavor and people were amazing, and the beach was pretty vacant! We felt like we had the place to ourselves!

We particularly loved the "infinity pool" which was near the spa and we hung out there by ourselves for 2 days!

Great trip, not enough time on the island was my only regret!

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

So were you in the Lighthouse section? we're doing the the timeshare bit so just curious how that compared to the rest of the resort. Thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

Deb L., we will be doing the Bahamas Celebration trip in October. I see they're offering excursions while on the beach. Sounds like you just stayed at the hotel and surrounding area? I'm wondering if we need to buy any of the excursions, or if there will be enough to do at the Lighthouse condos. Thanks.

Elaine

Pocomoke City
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

I am scheduled for this trip as well at the end of July. Please update us on the stay at the LightHouse Point. Anxious to find some reviews on this place as I have not come across any while searching the internet. Any updaes would be greatly appreciated. Also, as others have requested, can you give us a simple rundown on the excursions, etc. Thanks a bunch

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

There are quite a few reviews of Lighthouse Pointe - type "Lighthouse Point" and "Lighthouse Pointe" into the search box at the top of this page and choose only Freeport. You will find some there.

Excursions are great fun and will add to your experience. You can book them conveniently through the cruise ship or if you want to save money, have a more personal experience and a wider selection then you can book excursions privately over the internet - as you have limited time you will want to plan in advance if you want to do anything privately though. If you wait until you arrive, best to book with the ship so that you at least don't waste your limited time on the island.

However, maybe you don't care to do excursions and just want to relax for a couple days in the sun at the pool and on the beach. Then no excursion is necessary - if you are staying at the hotel you get the facilities. There are watersports onsite - jet skis, parasailing, hobie cats and the like. For anything else you are best to book an excursion - the marina is only a walk across the street to where all the boat tours dock, and many excursions will pick you up at the port or the hotel.

maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lighthouse Point @ Grand Lucayan to reopen as timeshare

We are going on the same trip in a couple of months. How was your trip? Any issues? Was ship experience ok?