We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories grand bahamas

Montreal, Quebec...
1 post
Save Topic
Memories grand bahamas

My boyfriend and I just booked memories grand bahamas for mid-April. We chose a deluxe island room. We know we're not getting an ocean view room, but when they describe the room, it says "no balcony or terrace(cannot be requested)". - does this essentially mean they have zero balcony's in the front of the resort? :/

ontario canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories grand bahamas

I also booked the Island deluxe room and found out later reading a review that there were no balconies. Really sucks because my husband is a smoker and likes to go out on the balcony to smoke. I called the sunwing rep and she said there are no balconies unfortunately but we could pay to upgrade. I also emailed a guy who was on one of the sites representing blue diamond resorts which owns memories and he said to email him 2 weeks before we go and he would have it on file to upgrade us. Don't know if he will or not or if we should just bite the bullet and pay the upgrade. Wish our booking agent would have mentioned this to us when we booked.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories grand bahamas

When I booked in August I could only book deluxe island to get kids stay free (1st kid). I asked the sunwing rep if it had a balcony and I was told it did. However from what I've read now the deluxe island does not have the balcony. I've still requested it and I guess I would be willing to pay for the upgrade if it comes down to it.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories grand bahamas

I was also looking into the balcony's for these rooms as well was told there are no balcony with island view. So with that being said I did book deluxe ocean view and even with that it says you have to request, So I have made many calls with travel agent and sunwing its self, I seem to get different answers. Paid for the upgrade just hope I get what I think I paid for.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Memories grand bahamas

I chased down Sunwing on this one. Am told the Deluxe Oceanview rooms all have a balcony or a terrace. Essentially what you are making a request for is ground floor (terrace) or upper floors (balcony).

Certainly wasn't well written.

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories grand bahamas

I am a travel agent and they do have balconies although it is always on request basis.. this is why your travel agent cannot confirm one for you.. I just booked a group and upgraded them with a chance of receiving a balcony as well... your best bet is to email the resort directly.. I do this for my clients! It doesn't always work but it can't hurt to try...

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories grand bahamas

My travel agent has requested balconies for all her clients, for which we paid an additional $60 per person. She spoke with a Blue Diamond rep who promised all special requests would be honoured. Our travel agent, who has done us no wrong for many years, believes Blue Diamond (owns Memories) will be doing its utmost to ensure all special requests are indeed honoured. In saying that, we have been promised 'things' before at resorts and have had 'tangles' in receiving them. Vacationers who visit Memories Grand Bahamas need to post pictures and reasonable comments upon their returns ...

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories grand bahamas

Maybe you can help me! I reserved a deluxe Oceanview room with swim out. I am nervous because I am not seeing water that runs through the property as with most swim outs. I was told by the agent we booked with - there will be a patch of grass to step on to get to the swim out but it wouldn't come right out to the patio as some do. Still nervous because there are no recent pics that show pool water trailing throughout the property.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories grand bahamas

Marinda...if you check the other topic that is 83 pages long, as well as the topic that specifically talks about swim outs a few strings down, you'll be able to get more info on this. It has been confirmed that the swim outs are not true swim outs. They are personal plunge pools that are above ground hot tub like pools. They are not connected to the main pool. Memories has changed their website as of yesterday and these are no longer advertised as swim ups, and have been changed to plunge pool rooms. There should be posted once the official opening happens hopefully.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories grand bahamas

Thank you for the info :) appreciate it! Kind of a bummer though! Can't wait to see people posting more pics of the plunge pools though .... I don't see any ocean view room plunge pools yet.

10. Re: Memories grand bahamas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 00:18