We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

We are going to be staying at the French Leave Resort, What time of the year would you think would be a good one to target if given the chance. We like sitting near the water while we eat and drink at Restaurants/bars, and we like to walk on beach and swimand layout in/out pool. (I havent found out if theirs is heated or not) We are not big beach swimmers, but do like to walk in the water. I know about the noseeums, which we did not come across in November in Exuma.

Thanks in advance...

Art

11 replies to this topic
Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

I like July and early November. July is my favorite though

savannah sound
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

Are you on the Cuba side or the Africa side at French Leave?

United States
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

I prefer latter fall, November's good. The summer gets pretty hot here. The water is still warm after the summer heating cycle, plus crawfish & stone crab are in season, so no problems getting that.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

Like Jungledriver, July is also my favorite time to visit. But then again I like the water super warm and calm, along with the longer possible amount of daylight hours.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
972 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

Like JD and Papafox I always go middle of July into Aug, even September is really nice bar the odd Hurricane !!

new jersey
Level Contributor
163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

I would go in April or May. The water is warm and it is not too hot yet. We have been in February. It was beautiful for walking on the beach, but the water was too chilly for me. We never got in the water. No humidity and breezy. Chilly in the evening!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

We are her now and the weather has been awesome. We’ve also been in April/May and have always enjoyed the temps.

13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

We've enjoyed our April stays with temperatures in the low 80s and water plenty warm enough to just get in. We went last August and were worried that it might be too hot. The day we arrived was a scorcher and would have been a deal breaker if the whole week was like that, but the rest of the week was in the upper 80s with water a few degrees warmer than April. This site can give you water temps surf-forecast.com/breaks/…six_day

Halifax, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

We have visited Eleuthera in Feb. (2014), Mar. (2015), and Apr/May (2016), usually for about 2 weeks each time. The water was comfortable for swimming/snorkelling all three times. Apr/May 2016 was actually a bit cooler than 2014 and 2015, but that is not the norm; there was a significant cool northeast breeze most days during that visit. We live in Nova Scotia (bbbrrr), so you have to take our opinion with a grain of salt; however I think Michigan's winters are similar to ours, if not colder? I think Apr/May is our favourite as the air/water temps are "USUALLY" a bit warmer, the days are definitely longer, and Spring is on its way when we return home.

13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose

Oh, I didn't notice that you were from Grand Rapids. We live in Holland, and we've gone in April because we are teachers and that is spring break. The weather and water have always been awesome. All winter long, we have Eleuthera to look forward to, and we have summer for a week in April, then return home when spring is definitely on the way.

Reply to: If you had a any time of the yr. to go, what would you chose
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera