We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from La Paz.... short report

oakland, ca
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from La Paz.... short report

Just returned from 4 nights in La Paz. Happy to be back to some norcal cool weather as the heat there was tough on my wife. All in all a terrific place to visit, just stay in or near the water.

We enjoyed a trip to Espiritu Santo. We were out about 4 hours and the snorkeling was awesome. Plus... lobos marinos... or sea lions with 3 week old pups. Epic day and the best ceviche I had while I was there.

Went to Balandra on the eco baja bus one afternoon. At the bus stop at the beach you can get snacks, rent kayaks, umbrellas. Walk to the more secluded beach around the corner and it has a quieter vibe. Lots of folks there on a Saturday afternoon.

Spent a day at La Concha with the day pass. This is the 'lounge by the pool drink beer walk in the sand get lunch' sort of resort vibe we were looking for. Very relaxing for a day.

Loved going to Harkers each night for a drink and sunset. Found a great breakfast spot called Deli just up the alley from the La Paz sign on the malecon. Friendly and good service. Breakfast every morning. Afternoon coffee at Doce Cuarenta and you are set.

Can't wait to go back for the whale sharks when they're in season

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Balandra Beach
Balandra Beach
2,064 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
La Concha Beach Resort
La Concha Beach Resort
535 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
Doce Cuarenta
Doce Cuarenta
260 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Belvidere, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from La Paz.... short report

Thanks so much for your report and helpful hints! We have reservations for early December and are planning to snorkel with the whale sharks, among other adventures!

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from La Paz.... short report

Today i met a cousin that lives in la paz & he mentioned all those places above,i cant wait to go next year

Edited: 16 July 2017, 04:32
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from La Paz.... short report

We were in La Paz, for the first time, in June, we usually go to Cabo San Lucas. I loved the quietness of this place. People were very very nice.

I usually do my research when I go to a place for the first time but not this time. We did not realize that La Paz is about 70 miles from Cabo San Jose Airport. Upon arrival at the airport we asked a taxi "how much to take us to La Paz." His price was $240 dollars. We thought to rent a car but it would have been better and cheaper to rent it at the states. A very nice guy told us that Ecobaja tours has a shuttle to La Paz which takes you at the Malacon. You take a taxi from there to your hotel. So for $35/person and 3 hours later we arrived at the Malacon. A taxi to La Concha , were we were staying was $5. Next time we'll rent a car to explore the area.

We enjoyed a trip to Espiritu Santo. Carlos Avalos offered us a good price for the tour ($50/person) so we went with him. There were 14 people on this tour. Captain Richard and his helper were great. We had the best ceviche I ever had. It was so good I was inspired to make some myself when I got home. His e-mail address is <carlosguevaraavalos@gmail.com> if you want tickets. He will meet you at the Malacon in front of the letters "La Paz."

We are going to Cabo in November but we are planning another trip to La Paz for sure.

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
La Concha Beach Resort
La Concha Beach Resort
535 Reviews
La Paz, Mexico
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
91 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from La Paz.... short report

We are going at the end of November, 2 nights La Paz, 2 nights Todos Santos and 4 nights in Cabo. Where did you stay in La Paz? Thank you for your update!!

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from La Paz.... short report

When you took the ride over to Espiritu Santo Island for $50.00 was it a snorkel trip or was it to hang out at Ensenada Grande Beach?

Mentioned in this post
Ensenada
Ensenada
Ensenada Municipality, Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from La Paz.... short report

Sounds lovely. Did you have any safety concerns during your stay?

Reply to: Just back from La Paz.... short report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted