We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
265 posts
52 reviews
First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

My boyfriend and I want to take a last minute trip to La Paz in the next few weeks. We mostly want a nice, clean place located on the beach and walking distance to key points of interest and restaurants. We are looking for a place to relax and not worry about keeping to a schedule. A place with a pool and swimmable beach would be ideal. We love to snorkel and would like to be able to do some while we are there. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

Since no one has replied to your question so far, if I were you, I would go to the list of hotels for La Pa zhere on T/A. Look at the ratings and price estimates and read the reviews. Private message some of the reviewers if you have more questions about a property. My husband and I may be staying one or two nights there after a stay in Cabo San Lucas in a few weeks so I will likely be looking for similar info. soon myself. Good luck and hope you find some place nice!

Edited: 22 September 2013, 02:32
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
265 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

Thanks! Yes, that's a good idea. I also emailed the hotels we are considering so hopefully they will reply also. Have fun in Cabo...we love it there but hoping La Paz has more swim able beaches.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,858 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

We stayed at Posado Luna Sol for our one (so far) trip to La Paz, and really enjoyed it. But it doesn't have a pool so I looked for other places for our next trip to La Paz. La Concha Resort is at the top of my list: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150771-d302489 You'd probably want a rental car so you can drive out to Balandra or Tecolote beaches, but some folks have managed the public transit okay. I don't know if you can walk to town from there.

This link has a pretty good map of La Paz http://www.gotbaja.mx/

Google map http://goo.gl/maps/iOpVN

-------------------

I think it's easier to access the main swimmable beach in Cabo, Medano Beach. Of course the beach in La Paz is swimmable, but there aren't many folks swimming, there aren't resorts on the beach, and it's just not set up for ocean swimming.

But the beaches outside of town (Balandra, Tecolote, and so on) are delightful.

If you go to La Paz, take a day trip to swim with sea lions or a 1/2 day trip to swim with whale sharks.

Edited: 22 September 2013, 13:24
Madrid
1 post
4. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

I would recommend you Hotel La Posada Beach club, the hotel is totally new, they have open just 6 months ago. Excellent restaurant by the way. More info at https://www.facebook.com/hotellaposadalapaz

They also have wifi!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

We are thinking of driving up to La Paz from Cabo San Lucas and spending one night there - maybe 2. When we were in Cabo two Decembers ago, we almost drove up there because we wanted to snorkel w/whale sharks. However, there was a lot of road construction and we would have had to go the long way to avoid it. Since the excursion left so early in the morning, and our stay in Cabo was almost over, we skipped it. However, we are hoping to do it if we go later this fall. Maybe drive up to Todos Santos and stop for lunch, then head on to La Paz. I am wondering if one evening in La Paz and maybe a few hours of hanging out on the beach there before heading back south would be enough, or if there we will wind up wanting to stay on longer. (We are hyper types and like to be places with at least a few other people around. A totally deserted beach is not our thing, but a nice view, a beach with at least a few groups of people on it, and a malecon where people enjoy strolling along at night IS what we like. So I am wondering if we should plan on staying in La Paz or if we will find it too off season and quiet in early Nov?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

Mlbcruiser you sound like us except we are from Vancouver canada. We arrive noviembre 6 @ 430pm sjd aeropuerto. Im thinking a night in SJDC, then a leisurely drive to La Paz in a rental car the next day. A chance to see Todos santos and maybe some beaches on the way.

Does anyone know a cool place to stay in SJDC for around $50 nt? Also same in La Paz also? Also a good car rental with drop off in La Paz?

Thanks, William

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
289 posts
516 reviews
7. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

Check out Tripadvisor SJDC website under hotels. Check Mardisol. Good location ,close to Mega grocery store,,restaurants and two blocks from beach. That is where we will stay next year before heading to La Paz.

philadelphia, pa...
Level Contributor
195 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

We are staying at the Costa Baja Reosrt & Spa in La Paz for our March 2014 trip - all communications with this hotel have been excellent and they have some great deals listed on their web iste including free transfers from Cabo airport if you can not get a flight direct to La Paz

9. Re: First trip to La Paz... where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 01:19