We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paz solo Christmas travel

Brooklyn, New York...
1 post
La Paz solo Christmas travel

I'm a mid-20's woman looking to travel solo to La Paz over Christmas but having never been before I'm worried that the town will be shut down and that it will be hard to find organized activities to do (kayaking, snorkeling, etc.). I land in Cabo on 12/24 and leave on 12/29. Any advice on traveling around Baja over the holidays would be helpful. I'm open to going other places I've just heard a lot of nice things about La Paz and prefer to stay out of big resort spots.

Thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,649 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: La Paz solo Christmas travel

Check with Mar y Aventuras to see what tours they'll be offering during that time. Stay at their hotel, Posada Luna Sol, if you want the possibility of meeting up with others. There is a communal kitchen & a lovely 3rd floor rooftop deck where folks hang out.

Another option might be San Jose del Cabo, closer to the SJD airport. It has some large resorts but also has some smaller hotels and some condos. But you can't snorkel or kayak as the ocean in that area is not "swimmable."

Last suggestion, but I don't have any specifics about your preferred activities or places to stay ... Los Barriles or Buenavista.

Map: loscabosguide.com/maps/overview.htm

Moscow, Idaho, USA!
Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: La Paz solo Christmas travel

I just got back from La Paz, and will be returning for Christmas 12/21 until 12/29. We stayed and will be staying in a rented condo at La Concha Beach Resort. Many businesses will be shut down around the holidays. In 2004, I was there between Christmas & New Years and was disappointed to find some of my favorite restaurants closed.

Good advice to check with Mar y Aventuras for activities. You might also email Tailhunter International for tours. They are mainly a fishing outfitter, but they offer many other activities. Besides, Jonathan & Jill are great people to deal with, if they can't help you, they'll steer you to someone who can.

3. Re: La Paz solo Christmas travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 01:21