We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay

I will be staying in La Paz in February, which I know is peak season for whale watching. Is it realistic to catch a bus to Mag Bay or Puerto San Carlos and book a two day whale watching trip when I get there? Or is it better to book with a company out of La Paz in advance?

Guaymas, Mexico
Level Contributor
664 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay

I"m interested in this topic also. We live in Guaymas/San Carlos Sonora and plan to fly over to whale watch. I'm trying to decide between La Paz and Loreto as a base. I believe they go to different places to see the whales. Thanks.

philadelphia, pa...
Level Contributor
195 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay

Me too - will be in La Paz in early March 2014 and want to do whale watching

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay

During the peak of the season, it is always safest to reserve your whale watching in advance. It would really suck to make the trek to Baja and then miss out on seeing whales, or end up with a company that did not meet your needs. If you are looking into companies that are based in La Paz (for Magdalena Bay whale watching), you might try Mar y Aventuras. I have never gone with them for whale watching (my favorite lagoon will always be San Ignacio Lagoon for hanging with the grays!), but have joined them for their kayaking trips. They are a top notch company and will make sure you have the best time! kayakbaja.com/trips/getaways/MagdalenaBay/

If you are using Loreto as a base, you could choose between Magdalena Bay, or San Ignacio Lagoon...

4. Re: Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 01:20