We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kristal Rose

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Kristal Rose

I'm heading to Huatulco in a couple of weeks and would love to try out the Kristal Rose. I heard some good things about it last year but never made it there. Has anyone been there recently? Anything really good or bad about the place? Also where exactly is it located. I have a rough idea. Thanks again everyone.

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kristal Rose

Krystal Rose is on Calle Cocotillo, south of the square. Most taxi drivers know where it's located.

We were there about 2 weeks ago and as always the food was great but the service that night was terrible. Juan was not there and we waited a long time for everything. It was tough to even get the wait staff to come over at all to order drinks and our meals - we were there for 2.5 hours and I hate to say that it's soured me just a bit.

We'll give it another chance though.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kristal Rose

We went there on Sunday night, sat out front in the open air area, it wasn't that busy so service was good, everyone enjoyed their meal.

Edited: 24 January 2010, 13:24
manitoba
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kristal Rose

We were there last week, it was ok but I would not go back. Ordered a club house it had bacon, chicken and hot dog in the sandwick along with fries for $7.00. For the they way we heard another couple talk about the resturant we thought we would give it a try but were disappointed with what we ordered.

Calgary
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kristal Rose

Plap - quite the comment about club house sandwiches. I certainly wouldn't be ordering a club house at a well known steak and seafood place. Just my two cents worth......

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kristal Rose

6 of us had great meals there a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking forward to going back. As someone else said, Juan wasn't there and service was slower than usual, but food has always been incredible!

ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kristal Rose

We eat at the Kristal Rose all the time, and I do not have any complaints, if the service is slow speak up and say something.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kristal Rose

Hola.

We love the place for its great steaks, chops, brochettes (all done on an outdoor wood burning grill), fresh salads (and obsessively cleaned), flambeaus, desserts, great selections of wines, and especially, the margaritas! The owner (Juan) is very warm and engaging, and his staff are the most attentive we have ever met, anywhere. And though there is seating outside, the inside is air conditioned and quite comfortable for those hot steamy Huatulcan nights during the rainy season.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa

Bahia Chahue

Huatulco

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kristal Rose

wgf47 -

We have eaten at Krystal Rose many times - we enjoy the food and the atmosphere and Juan himself.

On the last visit the only reason that we had drinks was because someone from our group went to ask a server to take our order. When we were ready to order our meals, we went and found someone. Trust me, we spoke up. The restaurant wasn't overly busy and we were not in a hurry - however the service was not up to the standard that we had experienced.

Rosetown, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kristal Rose

We ate there just 2 nights ago - they serve an awesome salmon steak with fig and apple chutney. They never came to see if we wanted more drinks, but I am sure if we had wanted more, we wouldn't have had a problem getting them.

manitoba
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kristal Rose

Beaches4me

We went there for lunch and it was our first time there. The outdoor grill was not set up that afternoon for lunch. We did not know it was well know for it's steaks. Even if we did we would not have order steak for lunch. I did not expect to have a hot dog put on a club house sandwick.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco