We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

Fort Myers, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

Also on safety 2012? What is the closestmajor airport?

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

Safety: our biggest worries are wearing sufficient sunscreen and losing our bathing suits in the surf at Bahia Chahue.

Closest International Airport: HUX, 20 minutes from town.

CH

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

Some people from Alberta are arriving on the 13th so I don't know how safe it will be then! lol

3. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2012, 07:09
4. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2012, 07:09
Edited: 28 March 2012, 07:09
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

The closest airport is Huatulco (HUX)

As to safety

I feel safer here in Huatulco then any place in the US or Canada

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

California
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

Well, you certainly won't find any reasons to be concerned for your safety on trip advisor as posts related to crimes are quickly deleted. Other than my concerns related to reports that have been censored here, I have always felt safe in Huatulco.

7. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 07:05
8. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 07:05
Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

I agree with Wayne, just back fromour 3rd year in a row, 2 weeks and felt safer there (not blindly either) than in parts of my home city (or many other N american cities).

Look both ways before crossing the street, wear a hat, use plenty of sunscreen, drink LOTS of water, go out and have fun day or night using common-sense and let your intuition and experience be your guide.

Let the taxi drivers do the driving.

Or - alternatively, you can go elsewhere. It's your call.

PS: There were news reports on the internet regarding several suspicious deaths back home while I was away, I was considering not coming home as I wasn't sure it would be safe!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any update on the safety in Huatulco?

We get these same questions from folks on the NYC (TA) forum. That said, the WTC site is now a memorial that attracts visitors from all over the planet.

CH