We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
639 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

We will be staying at a condo in Santa Cruz and we were wondering how far of a walk is it to the town center of La Crucecita? Also is Super Che relatively close (to walk) to from Santa Cruz?

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

Santa Cruz to La Crucecita is less than 2km. It used to be a lot quicker over the hill behind the Castillo hotel, but since that area is under construction, you have to walk around. It's still a nice walk though, the boulevard is tree lined and pleasant. We often walked home to Santa Cruz after dinner in La Crucecita - great way to digest!

Super Che is an easy walk from Santa Cruz about 1km. We used to walk to the store and then take a taxi back with our groceries.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

Hola.

La Crucecita is a 5 minute, 25 peso taxi ride from Santa Cruz. You can walk there in about 20 minutes…Super Che is a little more than half way. When walking, wear a hat and bring a small bottle of water as the late morning and early afternoon sun can be very hot. Once you leave Santa Cruz, you will be on a tree-lined path in the middle of Blvd Chahue; this “yellow brick road” leads straight to La Crucecita, otherwise known as Oz. :-))

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

It's a great walk!! My favouite part last year was when the blackbirds (?) were mimicing the car alarms...

When we stayed at Castillo we walked into town every night...a pleasant and very safe adventure.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 14:31
Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
639 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

itchyandscraty...that is our plan as well.

Any "hidden gems" we might check out on our nightly strolls into town? Restaurants included?

Cassahoffa...

Is Blvd Chahue on the path (road) to La Crucecita? Any "hidden gems" there as well?

Thanx

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

Hola.

Yes, BW, Blvd Chahue is the main road (4 lanes, 2 in each direction) to/from La Crucecita and the tree-lined path in the center of the boulevard is a gathering place populated by abuelas tending to their nietos, school kids impressing each other with antics, and especially in the evenings when it sometimes becomes a "lover's lane". At the south end of Blvd Chahue is Playa Chahue, a pristine beach that is mostly unpopulated even though there are two swell beach clubs open to the public (the western most of the two is free). Also near here are two small parks as well as a very good (university) bookstore, and though the reading materials are mostly in Spanish, there is also a great selection of CDs and is one of the few places we have found recordings of favorite local Oaxacan vocalist, Susana Harp!!

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Edited: 29 May 2012, 17:20
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

beachwalkers......I have to admit that my goal when heading into La Crucecita is a small serving of coconut ice cream from Terra Cotta and then enjoying it while people watching in the town square--it makes for a perfect evening, for hubby and I anyways. Many times the local youth are break dancing in the square and they are really good...there is always some kind of entertainment going on (we are there in December). The "yellow brick road" is perfect, even on the sunniest of days, but do watch for shifted bricks as the tree roots do knock them out of alignment.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

Google maps is a great tool for "getting the lay of the land" so to speak.

Type in LaCrucecita in google search box, hit MAPS, directly above the search box. A map of the area opens up. Drag the little yellow fellow over to the zoloco and release.. use your mouse to move up and down the streets.

Ha,ha..Itchy..."small" serving of coconut ice cream!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

doble crema helado de coco por favor

it's so much easier to order a double....the word for single is soooo hard to say.....really

chicago
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

My hubby discovered the booze at Terra Cotta for the coffee and used to order a vanilla ice cream with some Kahlua in it, every night.

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa Cruz to La Crucecita

Ha,ha.... a doble any day sits well with me!

My" reward " for making the long arduous trek (really just kidding) from Villa Blanca to town was lip smacking gelato at Cafe Venezia.. My oh my! I'm a big fan of an evening stroll... I've often wondered if there is a word in Spanish to describe this tradition.. I know the Italian term is " passeggiata"

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco