We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

idaho
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

We will be spending a couple weeks in Manzanillo and a couple weeks in Puerto Vallarta (flying into Manzanillo and flying out of Puerto Vallarta). We are planning to take a bus from Manzanillo to PV, but in looking at the online schedules at Primera Plus, I only see one bus which leaves at 12:30 a.m. and arriving into Puerto Vallarta at 6:00 a.m. I would really like to travel during daylight hours. Are there first class buses that travel during the day?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

I can't really help you with that but we just had to take a bis from maz, to p.v and it was the worst experience ever! it was so curvy and up and down the mountain, the whole bus was getting sick.... it was suppose to be a 4 hr ride and took us 6... very long ride!

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

We took the Cihuatlan Plus from Manz to pv. Its a first class Only one washroom and no snacks like Primera. Left around 8 am. Got to PV around noon. Ride was not bad. I think there is one leaving around noon, not sure. Check at the main terminal in Manz. when you are there. We bought our ticket day before.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

Our friends took a bus with the Cihuatlan Line. I think they had to catch it around 7am on a Tuesday morning. She wasn't impressed with it as she said it wasn't very clean and not as nice as the Primera. They didn't want to travel at night so had to find a different bus and ended up with Cihuatlan. They bought their ticket that morning.

idaho
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

Thanks for the replies. I have read some mixed reviews on Cihautlan, but sounds like our only other 'bus' option from Manzanillo, unless we travel at midnight. I'm surprised that there are several options to get from PV to Manzanillo, but not too many options to go in the reverse direction. We are also considering a couple nights in Barra before heading to PV. Are there any first class buses from Barra to PV? I don't see any noted on ETN or Primera, but didn't know if there were schedules that weren't noted online, and could be purchased in person.

Thanks again for your help. Jeannie, it sounds like you are home after your challenging adventures getting home.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

pact2go...yes all is well and we're already getting back into our home routine, thinking about the next trip...lol...I sent you a pm

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
522 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

You can catch a 1st class bus to PV at 8am,12pm, and 12am from the main bus depot, The first 2 buses also stop in Santiago for pick ups at 830am and 1230pm. It stops across the street from Juanitos Restaurant and Cybercafe on the main boulevard in Santiago. Second class buses leave every hour to PV throughout the day.

lin7604, normally, bus travel in Mexico is NOT like what you experienced at all. Regular scheduled bus service in Mexico is head and shoulders above bus service NOTB .. no comparison what so ever.

Unfortunately, when a head of state visits any place, it disrupts normal everyday life ... and, .. shithappens ....

even in paradise ... sorry. We'll try a little better next time.

And, you have lost of stories to tell and hopefully laugh about at the end of it all.

First shot of Elixir Tekillya is on me next year.

Hasta luego amigos ..

bd

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

yes true shithappens everywhere and it wasn't so much the bus ride as things happen it was the way transat delt with the situation. not informing us about it so we would of pre planned for our kids, etc... I was glad to see p.v. again, it made me want to go back :) drive past previous resorts i stayed at, etc....

i loved my experience in manzanillo and will be back, we are thinking of new years eve, just not sure if we should try a new resort ( blue bay or tesoro) or stick to tried tested and true barcelo?

idaho
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to know there are other 1st class buses besides the midnight one.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
Level Contributor
522 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

From speaking to people that I now, who were actually at the airport when the event happened. It was due to the gravity of the security because of who the visiting dignitary was. Communications were under military control at that point and unfortunately nobody actually knew what had really happened till much later in the day. Air traffic control simply rerouted all in and outbound flights to other area airports.

Your, or any other tour/travel agencies involved were not told anything of what happened until the diversion of the aircraft happened and not until the very last moment. Military actions, and operations to protect the head of any state are always top secret, period, in any country in the world, especially in today's world...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

it was that people that were on our bus from other resorts knew the day before. we didn't find out till on the bus to go to the airport? why did some know on monday and we didn't find out till we were leaving on tuesday? As a mom with a young child i would of made sure he was dressed appropriately for a long warm bus ride, had snacks from the buffet ( buns, fruit, etc) water or juice boxes,etc... all us families that had young kids could of just been prepared for the very long day ahead. I wasn't upset that the accident happened and we had to take a bus, etc that was all fie but it would of been nice if they would of gave us parents time to figure something out for that long day ahead for the kids...

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo