We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Name for La Jolla

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
New Name for La Jolla

A heads up for all you timeshare fans. La Jolla is now selling as "Punta Pacifico." They are actively marketing their "product on the street. We were offered as much as $600 USD to attend a presentation, although doubt that they would really pay that much - they gave us $350 USD.

The presentation starts with the usual tour of the resort, and the rooms they show are pretty spectacular - maybe the nicest we've seen in Mazatlan. It concludes with the selling of a points based vacation program - a catalog full of resorts all over the world for a ridiculously low price - just not possible! Our final offer was for six weeks per year at any of the resorts including airfare and never any maintenance fees for 50 years - all for $9000 USD! If we had believed it, we would have bought it.

Michigan Upper...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Name for La Jolla

You are lucky (and smart) that you didn't buy. My husband and I bought at LaJolla in 2008. When we were in Mazatlan in March we decided to check on the "name change." When we arrived, Maria offered us 3 choices: 1) Do nothing, 2) change title for $5 to $7,000 or 3) Sell our existing timeshare for $89,900. Well, that seemed like a no-brainer. HUGE SCAM!!! We had to pay sales tax on our "sale" which came to $15,950. The gentleman said he we had to pay it there and so it didn't look like money laundering, we would have to sign a contract. Well, guess what? We are out almost $17,000. They won't answer us there at Punta Pacifico. I am just sick. All of you who have given the place good reviews, look around. They are doing the improvements with my money!

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Name for La Jolla

Sorry for your loss but a no brainer would have been knowing that after 6 years of ownership there that this was just another scam.

These guys are unscrupulous & basically prove that perfeco only protects those that buy from the more honest timeshare companies if at all.

3. Re: New Name for La Jolla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan