We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

My husband and I are staying at the Riu Emerald Bay from April 23~ 28th this year. I just read yesterday that this is part of the Semana Santa. Will we be able to enjoy the pool or beach during this time? Or do you think it will thin out since it is after Easter??

califonia
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

You're going to miss the crazy crowds of semana santa, but you will be there for the loud noise of semana moto (motorcycle week). But Riu is away from most of the action so you should be able to avoid most of it if thats what you want to do.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

Oh! I was excited about the motorcycle week but I looked it up :

International Motorcycle Week

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, April 3 to 7 :(

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

I think you're missing a #2 in front of the 3rd and 7th. Moto Week is always the week after Easter Sunday, and this year that's going to be April 23 through April 27th.

hotelplayamazatlan.com/event/moto-week-2014/

Edited: 07 March 2014, 13:48
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

Thanks for the clarification! This is the what I read but you are right! When I click on the link your dates are correct!

International Motorcycle Week

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, April 3 to 7

Over 300,000 bikers and spectators from across the United States and Mexico converge in Mazatlán for this annual event. The magnum event is the Great Parade, a colorful procession of international motorcycle clubs cruising sixteen miles along Mazatlán’s oceanfront malecón promenade. Other events include an extreme acrobatics competition, drag racing events, and nightly concerts and performances by national rock bands.

Official Web Site: Mazatlan's International Motorcycle Week

Mazatlan City Guide

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,098 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

The Riu will be FULL.. for your dates I'm sure. The buses book before and after Easter, and that would include right up till 22,23,. then the Weekend crowd will come in on 24,25. and leave late 27.

Great resort.

Dawson Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

My wife and I and our grown daughters and their boyfriends are heading their in late November. Can you tell me what you loved and what frustrated about this resort

Rick

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

If you click on the link below you'll find over 1,700 reviews For the RIU that were posted on TA. The RIU is on a particularly nice beach and the walk north toward Playa Bruja and Mr. Lionso's Restaurante (to the right as you look out at the ocean) is invigorating and memorable.

Have a great time !

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150792-d109749…

8. Re: 2014 Semana Santa~ Riu Emerald Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 00:15