We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las penas condos

Auburn, Washington
12 posts
Save Topic
Las penas condos

We are going to PVR in march to celebrate my 50th. I rented a condo at Las Penas condos but I'm a little nervous now because of Royal Park hotel construction. Anybody have recent information on what is happening there? I read somewhere they had sewage draining on the beach? If I cancel now I lose have my deposit but I'm looking for fun and relaxation and don't want the trip ruined because of noise and sewage.

Mentioned in this post
Ordaz
Ordaz
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
24 replies to this topic
Dupont, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las penas condos

Greetings,

We just got back Saturday, 01/20/18. We spent a week in Puerto Vallarta at the Condos Las Vegas, near the Park Royal. Here's the reveiw we wrote:

If I could review just the inside of this condo it would be 5/5 stars, but I can't. The amount of construction here is staggering. The description in the condo's advertisement is at best misleading. Dishonest is more accurate. I believe the owner writes about construction in the area. What he really means is 15 feet from your window. It's the beginning of a multi-year project with 60 foot pile drivers, excavators, and jack hammers. Literally 7 days a week from 8:00am to 7:30pm. The noise is overwhelming. Even with all doors and windows closed, even at the pool or beach. You are absolutely compelled to leave the premises during daylight hours. Again, the level of noise cannot be overstated. There is also construction within the condo that renders the elevators inoperative. This construction is extremely loud as well.

Rather than deal with our legitimate issues, the owner would not make any reasonable concessions for our inconvenience. His responses ranged from opaque to argumentative. Rather than let him again minimize our concerns, I will simply post a Youtube video we created which highlights the construction and elevator issues. Simply youtube search "condominios las penas puerto vallarta" -

The fact that this owner continues to advertise his condo while obfuscating the construction and elevator problems is highly unethical and lacking in integrity. He is obviously not interested in your vacation or your well being - just your money.

So... That was our experience.

Edited: 22 January 2018, 15:48
Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Park Royal Puerto Vallarta
Park Royal Puerto...
1,109 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Dupont, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las penas condos

Condos Las Peñas - not Las Vegas - pardon my auto correct.

Mentioned in this post
Auburn, Washington
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las penas condos

Thank you so much! That is not the way I want to spend my 50th at all. I had contacted the owner who said she would send a review from someone who is there now but I haven't heard back yet. This really helps me make my decision.

Lodi, California
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las penas condos

i don't believe there is room on either side for construction.

Dupont, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Las penas condos

Hello Jim,

They have made room - the construction is occurring between Royal Park and Condos Las Peñas. From previous Google map views, it appears there used to be tennis courts and foliage, which is all gone now.

Edited: 22 January 2018, 19:26
Auburn, Washington
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Las penas condos

The owner did get back to me with a review. Her current renters did not think it was unbearable but said it can be loud. But it definitely is not what i want on vacation. The owner was very gracious and is refunding my deposit. So now back to searching.

Dupont, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Las penas condos

I am so happy for you and that the owner was willing to refund your money. I hope you find a wonderful place and have a great trip!☺️

Auburn, Washington
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Las penas condos

Thank you! I just saw you are from Washington! Me too! Any advise on tours, restaurants?

Dupont, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Las penas condos

Yes ☺️ Not too far down the road from Auburn.

In terms of restaurants Serrano's had delicious food and excellent service. Barcelona Tapas had good food and amazing views of the city. Flacos Tacos is a food truck to definitely check out. We didn't do any formal tours. We enjoyed strolling and shopping on the Malecon. We also checked out Saluylita to the north and Mismaloya to the South - both mellow beach towns.

Edited: 22 January 2018, 23:05
Mentioned in this post
Barcelona Tapas
Barcelona Tapas
1,821 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Ct.
Level Contributor
84 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las penas condos

I have a girls trip plan for this condo unit in April and I am nervous about the noise and construction! I did reach out to the owner but he was dismissing and become argumentative as well. I noticed that there has been a change in the nightly fee structure and he covered it up by stating our week was a prime vacation week. It is so sad to think that some people dont take into consideration how long and how hard some of us work to make a trip happen! He just sited me the terms of the contract and dismissed my questions about giving us some of the $$$ back so that we could plan day trip to take us out of the unit!

Reply to: Las penas condos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted