We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping address in PV?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
581 posts
Shipping address in PV?

We are coming to PV next week for six weeks and have a minor dilemma that I hope someone can help us with.

My husband is taking part in medical study for the assessment of dietary flaxseed on improving symptoms of cardiovascular disease in patients with peripheral arterial disease. The products of this study are muffins, bagels, buns, bars, pasta, ground/sprinkle product and biscuits. He is required to eat one of these products on a daily basis,but for us to bring down a 42 day supply is not feasible. The Hospital is looking at maybe shipping the balance to us in PV and of course is asking us for an address.

We are staying at the Condominiums La Joya, close to Mega and were wondering if anyone out there knows of a place where the Hospital could ship these products to for us to pick up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Shipping address in PV?

Have you checked w/the Condos?

J R
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Shipping address in PV?

Without an import permit, I very much doubt that the Aduana (Customs) would let it through, you need a shipping agent.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,294 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Shipping address in PV?

Hi luvthecity: I agree that shipping isn´t such a great idea for the reasons stated.

My husband is a biological scientist(Canadian) and I´ve asked him to PM you. We have lots of stuff like that readily available here, including many imported brand name products. Perhaps it´s possible to fulfil the criteria of your study without importing anything.

I´m sure something can be arranged.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Shipping address in PV?

Even if Auduana let it through there would also be a duty on the goods which can be HUGE!

Can't you bite the bullet and pay for extra baggage?

And as Libby says, we do have quite a bit of flax/Linaza products. WalMart now has the Oro Weat Linaza bread.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
581 posts
5. Re: Shipping address in PV?

Thank you to everyone that has responded. After reading your responses we have decided that if the hospital wants to send these products to us, they can go through their own medical system to get them to us.

My husband is ecstatic.... now we can go out for more great pv breakys in addition to lunches, dinners and everything in between. Thanks again!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
581 posts
6. Re: Shipping address in PV?

We would just like to take a minute and thank everyone who took the time to respond to our question.

JR was absolutely correct in advising us that an agent and a broker would be required in order for us to bring the above items into your country. We received the telephone call from "Aduana" in Guad, telling us we would need an "agent" as well as a "broker" before we could even think about bringing these items into Mexico.

Since we were on vacation, it was an easy decision, send them back! I remember that Brenda thought we should, "bite the bullet" and pay the excess fee to the airlines. If it was that simple, we would have done it, paid the fee and been home free.

Anyway, we would like to give a big "Thank you" to everyone that tried to help. We love your "city" and

all of you.

F & J

7. Re: Shipping address in PV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 04:29