We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

Philadelphia
7 posts
Save Topic
Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

Going to be staying at Velas Vallarta - first trip there! Anyone have advice on what to do and what not to do?

Mentioned in this post
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
3,957 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,814 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

Downtown is the El Centro area. It's actually the old town but most travel guides/tourists refer to the south side area (ie: over the Rio Cuale) as old town. It's also referenced by travel companies as the zona romantica but to save confusion...

Downtown = El Centro.

old town = south side.

Mentioned in this post
El Centro
El Centro
761 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

My husband and I stayed at Velas last January for our honeymoon. As others have said it's a beautiful resort. For the best views try and get a room on an upper floor. If you're traveling with a signifcant other, ask for a room with a queen bed (vs two double beds) when you check in.

Take advantage of the bus stops just outside the resort for a trip downtown.

And the best advice I have is don't ask the bartendeds at the pool bar to make you a strong drink. Hubby and I made that mistake and were very VERY sick our last night in PV. :(

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
3,957 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
13. Re: Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:18