We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

7 posts
Save Topic
Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

Going to be staying at Velas Vallarta - first trip there! Anyone have advice on what to do and what not to do?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

Downtown is the El Centro area. It's actually the old town but most travel guides/tourists refer to the south side area (ie: over the Rio Cuale) as old town. It's also referenced by travel companies as the zona romantica but to save confusion...

Downtown = El Centro.

old town = south side.

Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

My husband and I stayed at Velas last January for our honeymoon. As others have said it's a beautiful resort. For the best views try and get a room on an upper floor. If you're traveling with a signifcant other, ask for a room with a queen bed (vs two double beds) when you check in.

Take advantage of the bus stops just outside the resort for a trip downtown.

And the best advice I have is don't ask the bartendeds at the pool bar to make you a strong drink. Hubby and I made that mistake and were very VERY sick our last night in PV. :(

Have fun!

13. Re: Going to PV - Velas Vallarta in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor