We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

Loomis, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

Just wanted to post a quick review of our 4th trip to Dreams PV January 9th to January 14th. We meet 2 other couples there who are good friends. They have never been to Dreams PV and they were really impressed. As always, everything was wonderful. This is the first time we have travelled to PV in January and I have to say that is a great time to go. We had another fantastic trip. We were planning on returning in June 09 (June is when we usually go) but as soon as we got home my husband ended up in the hospital and was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma brain tumor, stage 4. We were shocked. He went through a 6 hour surgery and they were able to remove 80% of the tumor. He is now going through radiation and chemo (pill form) for 6 weeks. The Doctors has told us that the national average is 12 to 14 months to live after the diagnose. We were so happy that we were able to return to Dreams PV and enjoy the time with our friends and enjoy all of the wonderful employees at Dreams. I would like to thank all of the posters over the last 3 years that have answered my questions and have been so helpful with suggestions. I'm not sure when or if I'll ever return, but I have many wonderful memories of our times in Puerto Vallarta. Thank you, Jan

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

I am so sorry to hear about your husband and thank you for taking the time to post about your trip. Dreams is such a wonderful place :)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
13,661 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

Thank you for taking the time under these circumstances to post your review.

My heart and prayers go out to you now....I wish you strength to handle this unexpected devasting news! We will light a candle in our pueblo church for you and your husband. Take care of yourself Jan, these types of things can be very trying on the caregivers.....keep your memories vivid as they are happy I am sure!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,521 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

know that you , yor husband, and family is in my prayers. take care of yourself

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

Ivmykids...Glad you enjoyed your trip in January, always has been one of my favorite times to be in PV - but so sorry to hear about your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Loomis, California
Level Contributor
253 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

Just wanted to thank everybody for your posts and PM's. This has been a very difficult time for our family. It means a lot to me that so many people from this forum PMed me with words of encouragement and sending their prayers are way. Thank you again, Jan

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
676 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

My heart goes out to you and your family. I am glad you had this happy time together in Puerto Vallarta. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
7. Re: Late review of our 3rd trip to Dreams PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 19:18