We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacifica Grill still in operation?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,808 posts
118 reviews
Pacifica Grill still in operation?

We are going to PV in two days! I hope Pacifica Grill is still going strong on Basilio Badillo. We ate there last year a couple times and thought it was a terrific meal for the price. Still there?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,248 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: Pacifica Grill still in operation?

I didn't see all you can eat shrimp on the menu but who knows...

Just to clarify - what happened was Fajita Republic used to be across the street. Owners of the property decided to take over the space, so FR moved across the street (not totally clear on the Pacifica Grill ownership thing but I believe it must be the same folks involved) to where Pacifica Grill was located.

They spruced it up, re-hung the funky beehive lanterns, and just kept right on serving great reasonable meals. I have been told in the off-season it's mainly the FR menu, while in high season it's more PG, but don't know if that's the case.

Whatever it is, it's a good choice for a meal IMO.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
171 reviews
12. Re: Pacifica Grill still in operation?

The owner owned both the Pacifica Grill and Fajita Republic - he combined the two places into one, since the rent at the original site of FR had increased - well that is what one of the waiters told us in January.

The Rockies
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
13. Re: Pacifica Grill still in operation?

We ate at the Pacifica Grill 2 years ago.

The food was great. We were very patient. The service was horrible. Our meal time between walking in and eating took about 2 1/2 hrs. Besides the bad service. We had about 5 different waiters and none knew what the other had done or not done. The manager came to the table after about 1 1/2 hrs to ask how our meal had been. I told him that we had not even been servred yet after all that time. He just looked at me and said , "Oh........." We will be open on New Years Eve" and walked off.

After we ate he came back and asked again. I told him that the food was great but the service was terrible. He just walked away.

We left a tip of about 7.5% with the cost of the meal on the table with the check and walked out after eating.

This is what topped the experience off. The manager and a waiter stopped us a few minutes later down the street with the check and the cash that I had left on the table and said we had not left them enough money. When I showed them that I had left the right amount with a smaller tip and again told them about their poor service, the waiter left. The manager stayed and began to offer me what I thought was a conciliatory gesture of a free meal at another resturaunt down the street of the same owners, and a free Mexican blanket....he was asking for my name and where we were staying, etc... I said you are going to give us all that ...Then he mentioned something about Playa Del Sol Condos. Then I said are you trying to sell me a timeshare . He said "No.". But then asked if the secretary from Playa Del Sol could call me at 10 AM the next morning to make an appointment for us to attend the presentation.

We could not believe it. At that point we just walked away.

He had gone from eatery manager to timeshare salesman in a split second.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
14. Re: Pacifica Grill still in operation?

Wyokidd,

That person you spoke of was never a restaurant manager, he was simply an OPC (off premise contact) timeshare person. Many timeshare companies will pay a restaurant, bar or shop to put one of their TS people there- they do NOT work for the restaurant/bar or shop although they may pretend to or say they do to gain your confidence.

I know the owners of said restaurant(s) and really got on them about having a TS person "working" there tryng to get clients to go to a presentation. I told them I would not go back until they got rid of them. They finally did about a year ago when the contract ended with the TS company.

I freiquent their other restaurant, El Barracuda, in fact I was there for lunch yesterday and today.

The Rockies
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
15. Re: Pacifica Grill still in operation?

Hi BZY1,

I'm glad to hear that he is gone. The man did introduce himself as the manager.

We will try El Barracuda next time we are there, which is this week end. We can hardly wait.

We had almost 4 feet of snow in the yard in February. That melted down to about 1 foot Sunday. We just got 10" of snow last night and we're supposed to get another 12" tonight. So we will have about 3 feet of snow again.

PV here we come!!

Are you still selling Crocs?

16. Re: Pacifica Grill still in operation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:22