We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire a cab for a few hours

Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hire a cab for a few hours

Will the cab drivers do that.Just pay them a flat fee for say 4 hours. Not going real far,mainly seeing the local area.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,980 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

Cab rates are by zone and not miles or time like in US. Not sure how they would price it.

If you know where you are going, why not take the bus? Best way to see everything. Then get off and walk around.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

We just hired a cab for four hours when we were there in March. He took us to the zoo and Boca de Tomatlan and we paid $700 pesos. We were happy with that price.

Wi
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

senorbobo is correct. I think what you want is for someone to drive you around and show you the area. Yes there are people that will do it. If you are staying at a resort you can normally talk to the bell boys and they will know of someone that would be interested in doing it. I would second riding the bus like Senorbobo said.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,717 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

Yes I've done it. I didn't flag a taxi on the street, rather arranged it with the front desk of my hotel. It's quite common. You'll see taxi drivers waiting, reading the paper in their cars, for example at places like El Eden, Chico's Paradise, etc.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
909 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

we have hired cabs in Mexico and Europe many times. If we meet a cab driver coming or going from dinner and he speaks good English

and seems like an interesting person then we just negotiate with him and it has always worked out well.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
677 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

Your hotel can probably help you find a driver or cab to do that. Ours helped us obtain a driver to Sayulita that was less expensive than the cab. I recommend Tony Sanchez if you want to spend a day with your own personal tour guide. For the expense you get much more for your money, a knowledgeable and eloquent guide, comfortable van and tips on interesting things to see and do at your own pace and interest level. Just google Tony Sanchez. We spent a whole day, but he may do shorter trips.

Level Contributor
323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

Thank you...Great info, Yes we are looking for someone that will stop for pictures if we would like to,Maybe show us the great views in the area. We have done the buses, and will do it again. But we want something personal and safe.

Oh My!! There is going to be some drinks flowing now,I said that four letter word. "Safe"

Iam not worried just being wise. Now I going to mix one up.LOL

Thank you

Happy travels

Iowa
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

I know the perfect cab driver for you. We have known him for 12 years. His name is Rafael. You can contact him at rafaelmg8@hotmail.com. He speaks great English and is very friendly. He would be happy to take you wherever you want to go. Email me at mddfire@aol.com and I can give you his telephone number if you would like.

Deb/Iowa

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,717 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

If you get with the right driver, it can be a great experience. We went with someone who also worked at our hotel front desk, his brother and he shared a taxi. We'd gotten to be friendly so he offered to take us around. So part business, part friends. We He drove up high in Conchas Chinas to an outlook point, then down to the beach at Boca, Chico's Paradise, El Eden. We asked to see his neighborhood which was Pitillal, and all had lunch together at Mariscos Tino's. We paid for lunch and has to insist on gas money, but that's all he'd accept from us. It was a sweet and memorable experience.

10. Re: Hire a cab for a few hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 11:18