We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

Hi,

I'm trying to plan another trip to PV :)!

What would you say are the pros and cons of visiting June 18th to the 23rd? Is it green and lush then? Or still a bit dusty? Are there many restaurants open? How are the beaches/water then...specifically, the Conchas Chinas area? How hot...90 degrees Fahrenheit?

Thank you so much!

Tara

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
14,345 posts
610 reviews
21. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

Tarajane, as I stated I did not and do not know the story of what occurred and honestly do not want to know....I was just giving an opinion based on 2 posts, which to me showed frustration, on both sides.

I as a DE do go above and beyond and willingly ....I am usually thanked and such...and even sometimes the helped do go above and beyond as well, enough to touch my heart, but then there are those who are not so kind and well as I stated I have even been harrassed,sent threats and even virus laden emails, won't go into the story, so unless people know the whole story then best sometimes to let things go.

I was only giving my perspective as a DE, not collective and maybe just a few hints to those who are working with DE's, some tidbits of info to make it a better relationship. I do feel some have misconstrud (sp) my words , but then again it was none of my business and I should have not even posted. My fault and I am sorry I even said anything.

To give a different type of reaction that occurs, I was helped by many on a recent vacation in regards to a resort, I know the posters did a lot of work in helping me decide on this resort. Well, they enjoyed it and my time there was not so great, many felt so bad and I received so many PM's apologizing and such, but I did not see it that way. Their units per say were good, they had good experience and I did not, so it was not their fault and I certainly did not fault them. I appreciated all their effort and did inform them of such, but I know they felt bad and thus I felt bad but it was fault of no-one but the resort. Those that helped me were wonderful. Many PM's passed throughout this process.

I do hope none of the info you posted was PM's that the two of you shared as I feel that is private, PM's are private between 2 folks in my opinion. I did not check your link, and only skimmed over your posts in regards to that issue as I feel that is between you and carey. There are always 2 sides to every story and they are for you two. I must point out I have never seen carey, publically on a post say as such, so who knows all that occurred. Once again I am sorry I said anything. ( Just felt bad for both of you).

I get a lot of PM's from people going to PV, with words like "ok bezerk, you live in Mexico but not actually PV so give me the skinny, the real low down etc.".......I am happy to do it, but it is usually just as the local DE's have said. This is especially in regards to the safety concerns of late, which do not affect PV, but as I have posted other places, some are concerned and so they actually want a perspective from someone who is in Mexico, travels a lot to their desired destination, but not per say living where they are going....etc....maybe they feel ( JMHO) people get accustomed to where they live and comfortable, so they need re-assurances from those who may not have that home feel.

As far as you going to PV in June, I think it will be just fine, but then again, I am willing to pack up and go to PV any month!!! It may be hot and humid building up to the rains...but hey on the ocean, hopefully with a pool and A/C, enjoy. There will still be flowers and greenery, just not as much as in rainy season, you want to see dust and brown on the mountains come to where I live.....LOL. Make your plans and have a nice trip!

Now in reality I should have posted this to you via PM, but since so many had comments in regards to my perspective of DE's I felt the need to post publically.......it takes tough skin to be a DE, and well to be a helpful one for sure...but sometimes, maybe you have a bad day or what have you and your skin is not so tough. Life is just that way. If I offended any poster or DE, please accept my apologies...if I offended you the same , and if I offended any poster again sorry.....oh my I may have to change my name to apology!!!!

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
22. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

Hi bezerk,

I replied to your PM already, but thank you for this post, as well!

As far as posting PMs, I only posted what I said. I would never post someone else's PM. It's not mine to share, of course :). The post that I did re-post was already on the public forum.

Well, I'm ready to start dreaming of my upcoming trip to PV (instead of all of this--HAHA).

Thanks again!

Tara

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,345 posts
610 reviews
23. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

Yes I received your PM..thank you!

Glad to hear you di not post anothers PM, some people have, and to me that is a personal violation. A private conversation between two people.

Lot of twists and turns and triangles on any web site, this one included, just as in life I guess.

Have a nice vacation in PV....

J R
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
24. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

One point about the first rain, should it be in June, do NOT stand under a tree, the dust on the leaves mixed with the rain will leave mud spots all over your clothes.

tarajane99
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
25. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

HaHa! Good to know JR. Thanks for the tip.

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,345 posts
610 reviews
26. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

Actually JR is not being funny but saying the truth, same goes for under any overhangs of roofs etc.....my pool turns brown after first rain, ugh....That first rain sure does do a cleaning....and if you are under it...good luck!

27. Re: What Do You Think Of A June 18-23 PV Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 21:18