We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport limo - not available, right?

Northern California
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
airport limo - not available, right?

Hi all,

We're off to Dreams Puerto Vallarta in June and hubby is asking if we can take a limo from the airport since we were very happy with our all-in price on the vacation.

It looks like you can pre-arrange an airport transfer but not a limo. It's been a good dozen years since our last trip there. There are 4 of us and I'm the only Spanish speaker but I think it sounds like the taxis are very easy to get - you just go past the salespeople to the desk that probably says "taxi" right?

If there is a pre-arrangeable actual limo service I'll go and check it out, but if not I can tell hubby it's not available and find something else fun to spend our cash on while we are there.

Thanks!

Amy

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: airport limo - not available, right?

Hola!

Nope, no limos here. There are actually a couple of old ones around I guess but they do not pick up at the airport. (they also cannot make it around many of the streets or corners here, so that is why they are not a popular means of transport.)

Taxis are asy to get at the airport, no Spanish needed. You'll see the booths when you get out of the timeshare rooms. Prices and zones are listed at the booth, just tell them how many people, check the zone, pay and off you go.

Do not buy transport before you arrive, just grab a taxi at the airport. Ignore the timeshare people- and do not accept any of their offers for transport!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: airport limo - not available, right?

Here is the link to the airport taxis;

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c68873/Puerto

Very easy to get and quick.

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: airport limo - not available, right?

You can book a car service for slightly more than the cost of a taxi and be guaranteed a fixed rate in a newer, larger air conditioned white car or van.

dianastours.com/vip_transportation_services.…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,291 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: airport limo - not available, right?

Traveller YYZ: I looked at the site and I don't quite understand it.

It's a flat fee for customers of Diana's Tours. $20 US is a fair price to the South Side, but for other areas it's too much or too little depending on where you are going.

So, everyone, don't assume you can pay this to anywhere in the area (without further info).

Northern California
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: airport limo - not available, right?

Thank you all for the help. We'll stick to the taxis!

6. Re: airport limo - not available, right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 13:20