We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

Arizona, Tempe
5 posts
Save Topic
Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

I am staying at Vallarta Torre its a timeshare.

wonder what would be the cheapest way to get to my hotel from the airport? Does anyone have a recomendation on this.?

Mentioned in this post
Vallarta Torre
Vallarta Torre
177 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
SoCal
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

The busses are not really a viable for travelers with luggage, they are usually very full of locals going to and from work or running errands. Don't get me wrong, they are a great means of transportation not to mention fun to ride, just not good for folks with luggage.

You're staying in the hotel zone so an airport taxi for up to 3 people will be 179 pesos (about $14 US).

Read this for more info

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c68873/Puerto…

Some will say to cross over the highway bridge and get a yellow taxi, but there is a good chance they will want to charge the same price as the airport taxis.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,913 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

As Ted sai, just take an airport taxi. After you pick up your luggage, you will push the red/green light. Turn left and go through the 2 time share shark tanks. Ignore them, they will NOT have your transprtation. Once in the open area, proceed ahead to the taxi stand. Right in front of you. Can't miss it. Tell them where you are goig and pay and into a cab. In less than 10 minutes you will be at the Vallarta Torre. We stay at the Golden Crown Paradise right next door. Very quick and eaay to get there from the airport.

Enjoy the VT and PV.

Mentioned in this post
Vallarta Torre
Vallarta Torre
177 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Seattle
Level Contributor
48,867 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

Yes I've taken the bus in from the airport. But this does NOT work if you have anything more than one small bag (like a gym bag).

If this is your 1st time in Vallarta &/or you have a suitcase(s), take a taxi. Couldn't be easier.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

I always take a bus from the airport, but I have been to PV many, many times and travel VERY light...one tiny roller bag and a small beach bag instead of a purse. If you favor backpacks, please be aware of others and try not to smack anyone in the face with it.

Arizona, Tempe
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

To all of you, thanks for the good info. leaving on sunday will take your advise to get a Taxi because I have not managed to travel light yet.

6. Re: Can you take a bus from the airport to your hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:17