We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams PV - Upgrade to junior suite in New Tower worth it?

Naramata, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Dreams PV - Upgrade to junior suite in New Tower worth it?

I have been looking at the reviews for the above resort and they are generally very complimentary. The key issue that seems to stick out is the rather 'tired' quality of the rooms in the old tower vs. the new.

My question is; is it worht upgrading to a junior suite in the new tower? If so, what 'extra' does one get for the $ and how much extra is it roughly?

Many thanks,

Dr.T

Casa Velas
Casa Velas
#2 of 122 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#4 of 122 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 122 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams PV - Upgrade to junior suite in New Tower worth it?

We were just there last month and were offered a chance to upgrade at $100 a night for jr. suite or $150 a night for jr with hot tub.....we passed and requested a high floor in old tower with a king size bed and a balconey.....room 1811 was neither tired or old looking and we LOVED it and loved the $700 - $1000 we saved not upgrading.......

From what we saw the new tower was not worth the upgrade for us, anyhow.

Sacramento, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams PV - Upgrade to junior suite in New Tower worth it?

I'm not sure what travel agency/website you booked your trip with, but Orbitz always has insane deals. At the time of booking I was offered $1000 (each for two people) for a deluxe room or $1080 for the junior suite (each for two people) for an entire week. If you can possibly arrange the upgrade before you get there you may get a good deal but it seems like they try to really overcharge you once you are at the resort. I'm sure either way you will have a wonderful vacation!

3. Re: Dreams PV - Upgrade to junior suite in New Tower worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 21:19
;