We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massages in Vallarta.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Topic
Massages in Vallarta.

Do you like to get a massage (or two, or?) during your stay in Puerto Vallarta? I sure do!!

Here are my current favourite spas for massages -- these are all located in the city's south side, I have gone to each a good number of times (a couple, over several years), and I have never been disappointed with the sessions received.

I have seen and tried a few other small spa facilities in the south side, and have provided mini-reviews of the experiences via trip reports. I have seen, but have never tried any of the small spa facilities downtown, and I'm particularly interested in hearing something about these facilities.

Do you like to get massages during your stays in Vallarta? If so, do you prefer, as I do, to venture 'out & about' and try some of the many small, independent spas located throughout the city? Or do you just prefer to stay, and use the facilities at your hotel or resort? If you venture out, can you share a little about 'where', for 'what', and the approx 'cost', and how you have enjoyed the experiences.

My current favourites (alphabetically arranged), with links to reviews:

- Ha Spa (Aquiles Serdan 242, a block+ 'up' from Los Muerto beach, near the entrance to the new condo at the corner with Ignacio Vallarta).

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g150793-d1488…

- Metamorfosis (Francisca Rodriguez 159, just a few foot steps 'up' from the corner with Olas Altas).

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150793-d12…

- Venus Sunshine (Aquiles Serdan 220, a block+ 'up' from Los Muertos beach, just a few foot steps from Pino Suarez).

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150793-d10…

- Xel Ha Massages (Ignacio Vallarta 371, just to the south of the corner with Basilio Badillo, kitty-corner to Freddy Tucan's Restaurant).

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g150793-d16…

With thanks for any and all information, and good wishes to my fellow travellers for some enjoyable massages -- they work wonders!! -- during your stays in Vallarta.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,680 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Second thread from the top in this link.

…yuku.com/forums/1/t/All-Vallarta-Main-Board…

Antioch, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

The wife wanted me to chime in here about Venus Massage. She says they

have given her some of the best massages she's ever had, and knows that theyre a reputable place of business. Living in Northern California and having access to the Napa Valley Spas I know she knows her massages. Trust her and go to Venus if you want a good rub down while in PV. Thanks, Jeff and Debbi

Everett, WA
Level Contributor
99 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

how much was the massage at FA?

Olds, Alberta
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Hello Johnny2BC

Thanks for checking out my forum post. As suggested here is a link to my report on Mantra Massage. At $35USD (420mp) for 80 minutes it is well less that 1/2 the price here in Canada.

Give it a try and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. The owner's name is Anabel.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k41803…

Thanks, Howard, Alberta

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Howard ..... thanks for doing that - it's nice to have all these recommendations in one place, makes it so much easier to find them, et al.

Will definitely look up your suggestion of Mantra Massage during our stay this spring - I like the small local places for massages during my stays, and the place you've recommended sounds like one I would enjoy!!

Thanks again for sliding your review over to a place where more should be able to see it!!

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Originally I was excited about getting one massage but I may as well have 3 or 4! Any ideas about massages in the Marina Area.? We are staying at the Mayan Palace.

Seattle, WA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Near the Marina I highly recommend Aura Spa - Albatros No 285 Marina Vallarta

tel 209 1000

cell 322 141 39 43

here is a link to an article in banderas news

www.banderasnews.com/1002/hb-auraspa.htm

White Bear Lake...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Hey all you massage experts! I am embarrased to say that I have NEVER had a massage in my life. Every year while in PV, we say we are going to do it, but then don't. Well this trip is different!

I do have a couple of questions, though. I see another poster asked about what you wear while having a massage on the beach. Didn't feel right being nude. Well I don't feel right being nude having a massage, NOT on the beach. What do you wear?

Also, I see different names, such as therapuetic, swedish, deep tissue, etc. I have bad lower back and hip pain and also can carry stress in my neck and shoulders. What type of massage would be the right one for me to ask for?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

It is common to be nude for a massage. (At a massage place, not on the beach) You always have your private bits covered with towels or a light sheet, even when turning over. (I used to get many massages at the Estee Lauder Spa at Southdale Marshall Field's in Edina.)

You do not wear underwear so the oil does not damage it and also so when they do the flow massage down the side of your body, nothing interrupts the flow. The massages are completely professional and non sexual. They will also lightly massage your stomach and upper chest (not breasts themselves)- so do not freak, this is normal. Same with the sides of your buttocks. The idea of massage is to not only massage muscles but is to restore energy and flow....so to skip prime areas of muscles and such (sides of the glutes) is not good for blood flow.

You do not need to knwo what massage type you want, you can tell them what is bothering you and what effect you want in the end,. Some may combine types to what you need.

Some may combine aromatherapy with some deep tissue in problem areas and relaxation in others. If you have been recently ill, some will do a lymphatic drainage. SO tell them where you hurt and what you want accomplished.

Angie at Metamorfosis is great for helping you plan what massage type is best for you.

White Bear Lake...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Massages in Vallarta.

Thanks Brenda! That is very helpful. Now if I can get over my modesty, I might actually do it!