We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a condo beachside?

CA
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Renting a condo beachside?

Planning a trip to go down to Puerto Vallarta with about 6-7 friends. I was thinking about possibly renting a condo or beach house for all of us to stay together. Was looking for a couple recommendations:

1. Location

2. where to look for condo/house rentals

3. any other recommendations for us all staying together.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

There are only a few properties that offer three bedrooms, most condos are two br with a limit of four people.

Do you have a budget limit?

There are casas and villas you can rent, but most are very large and pricey.

VRBO and PVRPV are a good starting point for your search.

Edited: 15 March 2011, 12:39
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

A couple of years ago, I rented a house called Casa Concha. It was very comfortable for six people. It has three large bedrooms with private bathrooms and balconies.

VRBO is the site I generally use when looking for accomodations.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

The aforementioned property sites also offer you filtering mechanisms based on your needs, such as bedroom numbers, dates, locations, and even pricing.

I will note that beachfront condo properties, with the exception of the new Monstrosity de Agua and the penthouse units at both Playa Bonita and Vallarta Shores, Teduardo is right that there are very few 3 bedroom condos along the south side. The ones I mention are the only ones that offer 3 bedrooms, and no building I'm aware of along Los Muertos beach offers anything larger than that.

You don't state it in your first post, but are these 6-7 people primarily couples? If it's all singles or a mix of both, clearly you'll need something larger than a 3 bedroom, and so look at villas instead - Conchas Chinas has a lot of them.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,180 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

Casa Tres Vidas and its sister property get really good reviews.

www.casatresvidas.com/villa-vida-mar.php#

connecticut
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

Plaza Dorado Condos has a couple beachfront, 3 bedroom units.

VRBO or Rentalo

CA
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

thanks for the tips!

found some properties that look like they would be good on vbro so far(looking for a 3 bedroom, as close to the beach as possible, and something a little more upscale)

how is Conchas Chinas neighborhood? says short distance to the beach but how much really? close to good restaurants etc?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

Casa Concha, my rental, has a gorgeous ocean view from most rooms. I was told it was a 10 minute walk to Conchas Chinas Beach. Perhaps, but you have to cross a busy highway and the walk home is super steep. However, the open pool was a lovely place to hang out. It's an upscale property, but not beachfront.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
530 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

You might locate a 3-4 bedroom condo at the Peninsula on VRBO. We rented a 4 bedroom unit there in' 09' and it was great. Located on a beautiful beach with a great pool and easy bus ride to downtown.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

"Plaza Dorado Condos has a couple beachfront, 3 bedroom units."

Good to know, thanks friend! (-:

Edit: There are definitely 3 bedroom units at Peninsula, I'm using one this year. 4 might be more rare, but definitely 3 bedrooms...there are listings in a few places, you can Google "Peninsula 3 bedroom condos" and find several, including on VRBO. I think Luxury Beach Vallarta also has some.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 11:48
Chicago
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting a condo beachside?

we've rented casa bellagio in the Bay View Grand several times. It's a 3BR/BA penthouse in a fab condo bldg close to the Marina. Gorgeous! We also recently rented Casa Yvonneka for our wedding but it's too big for your need probly. Friends rented Casa Montana and loved it. Shannon at Bestonproperties.com is a doll and will do well by you. Tell her what you're looking for and she will steer you right. HOWEVER,

Some words of caution... DO NOT RENT ANYTHING FROM CHRIS TOPPEN or his sites: VILLASOFVALLARTA.COM OR VILLASANDCONDOS.COM. He is a scammer. Will tell you whatever it takes to convince you he has the "Perfect" rental which you'll find to be anything but! And then bye-bye money. Cancellation fee of $150 is in the contract but he keeps the whole deposit! We lost nearly $2,000.