We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Pier in Old Town

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
New Pier in Old Town

Can anyone tell me how the pier is progressing? I always stay at the San Marino and am wondering what we will have to look at this fall.

Cheers

21. Re: New Pier in Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 May 2012, 08:16
Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: New Pier in Old Town

We walked by the pier every day sometimes twice April 29th to May 11th and they were always working. On the 10th they made some kind of wood structure and they had a cement truck there pouring cement. Hard to tell what was going on but it seemed like they were busy working.

Becki

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: New Pier in Old Town

Pier progress as of May 13 ... same pic's, but via the source ...

www.ourvallarta.com/board/viewtopic.php…

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: New Pier in Old Town

Thanks Johnny...we saw the wood and knew they were working hard but these pictures bring it all together. We left on Friday did not look like this. Way cool.

Becki

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: New Pier in Old Town

Several workers out on the wood forms laying and tying rebar this morning. I bet it won't be too many more days before they start pouring the cement.

They'd better keep working to beat the rainy season. We just got inthe pool for the first rain day at Que?Pasa last night.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: New Pier in Old Town

Thanks for the update everyone!

From the photos it appears it's definitely going to curve. Sigh....I'm trying to keep an open mind until I see the final product.

27. Re: New Pier in Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 11:11
SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: New Pier in Old Town

So high you can't see south?

Nope, i am looking south from Vist De Sol as I type and have no problem seeing the beach south of the new pier. It is not that much higher.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: New Pier in Old Town

Wonder how the future views will be from the beach and properties "right there" - i.e., adjacent to the new pier?

It looks like it could be quite imposing to those 'on the beach' at properties such as the San Marino, Cuates y Cuetes, and etc.

Development "progress" (with all the high-rises, and huge 'blocks', both on on the beaches or the hill sides) seems to be taking its toll on many Vallarta views.

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: New Pier in Old Town

Johnny lots of work being done all over the city. Sidewalks, flower boxes, lots of cement work. The sidewalk in front of PLA was completely torn up and they had a new one in with designs within a couple of days. Derby Burger was not so lucky, most of their dining is outside and they closed for a few days.

Becki