We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable 1 month rental

Yorkton, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Reasonable 1 month rental

Looking for a rental for about or so in January and prefer Los Muertos beach area, close to the San Marino. Could be a shared condo or apt or I guess a budget hotel but trying to keep it to about $1000.00 canadian. Any ideas?

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

You will be hard pressed to find something in that price range. The problem is you want the most popular area at the most popular time of the year and for only one month. I do not know of any hotels except for the super budget ones that will charge that amount..... you can try some of them on Madero. But most rentals in the Olas Altas, Zona Romantica area will be over $1000 CDN for a month unless you sign a long term contract which would be 6 months or longer. But you may get lucky- most I have found are $1500 a Month for only one month in the high season.

These are not in the area you want but in your price range:

banderasnews.com/travel-outdoors/hotel-palom…

Good luck!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,808 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

Agreed. Plus, this late in the game, most of the reasonable rentals that might be available for shorter than a 6 month period would have been rented long ago for January (most people rent up to a year in advance).

Even my favourite hotel (Vallarta Sun) charges in the $1500 range for a month long stay, and they are considered a budget property.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

For that price range in January, if you can find it I'm pretty sure isn't going to be near the San Marino (right by the beach). You'd need to look inland in the residential neighborhoods and less touristed areas. but even then that is a very low price for what you are seeking. If you were traveling off-season you'd have a better shot at that price range.

You could look at the budget hotels along Madero (Azteca, Ana Liz, Villa del Mar, et al). They are basic places but some as low as ~$30/night.

suze

Yorkton, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

Thx for the replies. I'll look a little further out or increase my budget (or find someone to share with) Great forum btw

cincinnati
Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

Not sure what the san marino is, but I do know $1000 can get you 1 month in the romantic zone area. It does take some searching though. We recently booked 27 nights for $800 in a 1 bedroom apt. for nov/dec. We are a couple blocks from the beach. I would suggest craigslist website. Search puerto vallarta vacation rentals, or apt rentals. I no longer have the links I had saved through my searching, but I had come across a few in my price range.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

You might also try www.vrbo.com or http://vallartainfo.com/rent.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

Nov/Dec is still considerd low season. January is high season as far as pricing most hotels, condos, apartments. suze

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

gb8585 ..... there are some apartments on Rodolfo Gomez (on the same block as the San Marino Hotel), across the street from the La Piazzetta Restaurant, that are owned and rented by the Dentist, whose office is located next door.

The apartments (we've checked out a couple, and have known others who have stayed in such) are very 'plain & simple', but they are low-priced, and are sure centrally-located.

They could/might be an option? Sorry, wish I could be more specific!!

9. Re: Reasonable 1 month rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 17:16