We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

Just booked our 10th trip to PV for February 11-18. We have never stayed at the Friendly before. We booked with Nolitours and the resort has the Cameleon Club rating. Has anyone booked with Nolitours and if so what exactly did you get with the "club" and which rooms were you in? Any other helpful tips for the friendly would be great. Thanks everyone and can't wait for the next 3.5 months to pass by.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

We stayed at the Friendly January 2011 and booked through Nolitours and stayed in the cameleon club. Pretty much all you get is a room in the tower (best above the 4th floor). We talked to our neighbors in the hotel and they were not cameleon, but they got exactly what we got. This time, however, it seems that it is now cameleon gold and looks like we get way more (we are going to the friendly again in January 2012). We loved the Friendly and are looking forward to going back again. A tip for you is that there are no coffee makers, fridges or clock radios in the rooms. We bought a cheap styrofoam cooler from Walmart for our beverages (got ice from the bar), and this year we are taking a clock radio, I need to know what time it is!! There is also no bottled drinking water in the rooms so buy a couple of bottles of water and you can fill them up at the water coolers located around the resort. We email the resort about 2 weeks before arrival to verify that they have our reservation and the at that time you can make special requests, like a king bed and a higher room. I really think you will enjoy the Friendly, remember it is not a 5 star, but it is clean, the food is good (have to try the bar-b-que ribs, delish!!), and the staff are the best. Enjoy!!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

twoblue: you can actually get a less expensive styrofoam cooler at the Sorianna supermarket across the street behind pizzahut, we also picked up an inexpensive 'mrcoffee' like pot there for under $20US and had the convenience of coffee in our room and left it for the maid. the cameleon club rooms are basically the same except on the higher floors, staying all-inclusive the additional cocktail hours etc are also available in the lobby bar, IMO the cameleon rooms are only good to guarantee a room on a higher floor with a view. weve stayed at the hola mostly for location, beach and the gym.

winnipeg can
Level Contributor
135 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

You have to be careful,we always go Nolitours and not always get good rooms. Usually have to spend first night in crappy room,then get moved next day. Anyway the hotel and staff are great. Best beach and location around. You can walk just about anywhere.Bring some binoculars to watch the ocean,so much going on out there. This will be our 5th time there,every January. It seems they have something new to offer every year. Enjoy.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

Thanks for all the tips everyone. This will be our 6th trip to PV but first time at the Friendly. The cameleon gold also states 5 guaranteed reservations this year. I will definately email before we go as there are two couples and one has never gone before so I want them to have the best experience there. I will request higher rooms and close together. As for no fridge etc. it is not a big issue for us as I am down by the beach by 800 and dont return to my room until supper. I will pass the clock radio tip along too, I also like to know the time. Thanks again everyone, can't wait until February!!!!

5. Re: Friendly Vallarta and Cameleon Club Gold

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 01:16