We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long is your flight to PV

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How long is your flight to PV

My first time to PV and it will be a 2 1/2 hour non-stop flight. How long does it take from all of the places in the upper USA and Canada?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How long is your flight to PV

My flight from Phoenix is about 21/2hours nonstop also.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How long is your flight to PV

JohnD - You are lucky to fly non-stop. We have to fly from Vancouver to Seattle (about 45 minutes) then have an hour layover, change planes and fly for another 4 1/2 hours or so! Then on the way back we have to go through L.A. We also have to be at the airport at 4:45 am!! We also can't leave PV until 5:00 p.m., so we don't get in until 11:30 p.m. But it will all be worth it!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How long is your flight to PV

Non-stop from Minneapolis is 4 hours and 22 minutes. Worth every minute!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How long is your flight to PV

I'm getting soooooooo excited!

Our flight leaves at 1:00AM from Vancouver and we fly direct to PV. Flight is 4 1/2 hours long but it's going to seem like forever!

We get in at 7:30 PV time so probably won't be able to check into our room until after 3PM. I'm planning on throwing on a bathing suit and crashing on the beach!

Cheers,

Vancouver

Alberta,Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How long is your flight to PV

Our flight is 5 hours, non-stop. We leave at 7:40PM, (ugh), and leave PV at 2:50AM....needless to say, I'm going to be one cranky person going through customs...all fun though.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long is your flight to PV

JohnD...You are so lucky to have such a short flight, after this trip, I bet you will be making many more trips to PV.

I don't mind the 4+ hours from Minneapolis in the winter months but in the summer we don't have direct flights so then it becomes a 8 hour flight with at least one stop, but its still worth it. My next trip is June 11th and I am already counting the days. I was lucky enough to already make two winter trips there.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long is your flight to PV

From Chicago, it is 4 hours, give or take 10 to 20 minutes depending on the prevailing winds and the take off traffic line at O'Hare airport.

canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long is your flight to PV

From Northern BC (Prince George), we had direct flights that were under 5.5hrs.

new york
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How long is your flight to PV

Close to 6 hours nonstop from New York to PV but only 5 hours going from PV back to New York nonstop....tailwinds make a big difference, i guess.

S.Wales, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How long is your flight to PV

Hi everyone,

My flight will be about 14 hours or so, with a quick stop in cancun. We are coming from the uk!!!! Dreading the flight but looking forward to 2 weeks holiday in Mexico.