We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

I hope TA will allow me to post this here, as many regulars to PV who stay or spend time on the southside know Coco, a wonderful, sweet dog that wandered the Los Muertos area for many years, taken care of by residents and tourists alike. He has been in failing health for some time and unfortunately today, he passed onto that Rainbow Bridge and no longer struggles to breath or feels pain in his old body.

With permission of Heather Wilson in PV, I'm posting her words from Facebook.

"With the vet offering no hope and Coco unable to stand or even focus, our dear 12-year-old community mascot was put to sleep tonight about 7:30, very tenderly in the Lazaro Cardenas Park he loved.

His original mom, Rita Kunz, and good friend Cathy Gordon (Sirena's mom), held him and talked to him to the end. It is SO SAD to lose him, but his death could not have been more peaceful. RIP dear Negro, Blackie, Ben, Ruffus, Rollo... We will NEVER forget you!"

Some on this board asked about Coco a while back and I wanted to share this sad update. RIP Sweet Coco.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

This, indeed, makes me very sad this morning. Coco was very special to a lot of people who will miss him dearly.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

Thanks for sharing this Deb. He was a friend to us over the years, and will be sadly missed.

RIP Coco.

G I
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

I'll miss him. He always said hello to me on my daily pilgrimage to the Sea Monkey. Thank you for telling me because I'd go looking for him when he didn't come and visit me.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

Oh dear, that is indeed sad for us people , but good for a wonderful doggie.

That's the toughest decision a "Mommy or Daddy" has to make. Hugs to Coco's mommy and good friend.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

Thank you for letting us know. It is very sad.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

A pity, I first met him about 12 years ago. At least there are some of his progenies still around.

Lake Montezuma...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

Thanks Deb, I'm sad, very very sad. I'm very glad he was put down by a caring individual and not have to wander in pain anymore. *tears*

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

He was a great pooch, we too will miss him sleeping under our beach chairs ☹

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

I'm sad he's gone but happy he's no longer in pain. Rest in peace old friend, I'm glad we met and shared time together...you made trips to PV just that much more warm and friendly.

I'll have to find a new beach dog to sneak my leftover burger scraps and taco bits to now. :'-(

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: RIP Coco, King of Olas Altas

Just wondering if this is the same street dog that would spend a few hours most every day at Lynda's Que Pasa above the Apache on Olas Atlas? He wasn't in the best of health last October.