We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Vallarta Bay

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Vallarta Bay

If anyone staying at the Secrets, can you please post photos of the room, including bathroom. I'm about to book this hotel but I'm a little bit concerned about the size od the room and the bathroom set-up (from the hotel photos, it looks like the bathroom is only separated from the sleeping area but a curtain). Please let me know if this is the case...

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

I'm at Secrets now. There are curtains that close off the bathroom. The shower is frosted glass and the toilet is behind a wooden door. I'll post pics when I get back! I'm in a preferred club room and on the 7th floor. Not sure the preferred club is worth the extra money since there isn't a preferred club pool, loungers, etc.

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

Thank you Aimee. Is the bedroom part of the room small? Nightstand next to the bed looks like it's next to the curtain.

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

Great to know that preferred club is not worth it.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

You're welcome and yes, it's one big room....very open lay out. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll answer them from here. Both Secrets and Now are at very low capacity

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

Do the curtains actually provide any privacy? I'm thinking of taking my adult son and can't tell from the pictures how see through the curtains are. Thanks - hope you are enjoying your trip!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

Eh, not much. However, the frosted shower doesn't turn transparent when wet so that's good. Just book at Now and use the facilities at Secrets. The rooms at Now have wooden shut off doors and it's a but cheaper. I saw a lot of people staying at Now using the pool and whatnot at Secrets

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

Thanks Aimee been following along. But I would never have booked at Secrets if I knew I could stay next door and use the facilities anyway. I'm a big fan of AM resorts in general but if I'm paying a premium price, I'm expecting that our resort is exclusive to us(Secrets guests). I've stayed at Secrets before (Silversands and Maroma Beach)and that has always been the case and that's the way it was advertised when booked. I'm already booked up so gonna enjoy myself anyway but won't pay the price again

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

I was looking at Secrets Vallarta Bay and thought the same thing as you about the bathroom/bedroom separation! I have a grown son I'd love to travel with too, but def. not here...I don't know what the designers are thinking w/ these newfangled non private bathrooms -- !

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

I'm completely confused about the difference between the 2 "sides" of the resort. I see that they have some shared restaurants and supposedly Secrets guests can use all facilities, but Now guests cannot use Secrets (other than the restaurants). How do they enforce this if there are no wristbands? If you are staying on the Now side is there an adults-only pool you can use? The bathroom configuration in the Now rooms is definitely more appealing than the curtains in the Secrets bathroom.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Secrets Vallarta Bay

I have no idea what they are thinking with some of these new bathroom configurations!

From what I saw, they didn't enforce guests not being able to use the Secrets facilities at all. The staff working at the pool and beach do not know which resort you are at. I was never asked which one I was staying at, or my room number. I saw many people coming over from Now during the afternoon one day with their beach bags and when I was at the pools saw them there. I also saw the same people going back to Now at the end of the day back to their rooms. I was very unhappy with the fact that I spent more money and they were letting adults from Now over to Secrets to use whatever they wanted. Not what I paid for. I also facebooked and emailed with their concierge, Karen. Not much help there either, she said that it's a new policy and that anyone staying at Secrets has special privileges of staying in a room at Secrets. Seriously? Oh well, you live and learn. I never used the pool facilities over at Now, so I'm not sure whether or not there's an adults only pool there. I'm imagining not since they are letting their adult guests use the pools at Secrets.