We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

Clovis, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

Here is my dilemma. Because I am easily confused, I booked 5 nights 6 days at the Resort & Suite, only to find that the rest of the family booked at the Marival Residences and Spa. I am hoping that I will be able to rectify this, but wondered if we might be able to work with this situation? (Couldn't they give them MUCH different names????)

Any idea how difficult it will be if we are at the Resort and they are at the Spa? It's 1/2 the price at the Resort, but we can certainly fork over the rest of the $$'s if it's not a situation we can work with.

Background: "we" are the parents/grandparents. "The family" are daughter, son-in-law and kids 8 and 4.

I do so hate when I do things like this. Perhaps I need to get a "real" travel agent!!! Thanks for any help you can send my way. I will need to fix this, like, tomorrow!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

Both Marival properties are located in Nuevo Vallarta (which has its own forum and is located about 30 minutes north of downtown Puerto Vallarta). They are near each other with some condos and ther Dreams Villa Magna resort between them. It is my understanding that the Residences can use the regular Marival and there is a shuttle between them. The Residences beach is also at the regular but in a roped off area only for them.

You may want to also post this on the Nuevo forum for more info. If it were me, I would just rebook to the residences.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 10:31
Clovis, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

Gracias! I posted it there also. If I can rebook, I probably will.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

As I recall from 2 weeks at the Marival 2 years ago, the properties are side by each and there is (or was) no delineation. Same restaurante, same bars etc. just a few minutes walk. the suites were over by the adult pool, the one with the swim up bar (where we had beer drinkers not leave the pool for over 5 hours).

I f I was you, I would check with the property, and if it is as I recall it, maybe you are better off being a couple of steps away from the rest of the crowd?

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

Properties are not side by side they are in fact about 6 blocks apart with shuttles going back and ofrth, Residenses can use Suites but not the other way around. Residences is a MUCH higher rated property and much nicer without so many kids and families, I would change asap!

Clovis, California
Level Contributor
127 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

Thanks so much for the input! Either way we'll be hanging out at the beach, so it can't be too bad one way or the other!

6. Re: Marival Spa or Marival Resort and Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:16