We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WIVC Alta Vista

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
WIVC Alta Vista

Looking for advice on these condos.....planning our next trip to PV and looking at Alta Vista (part of RCI) as a possible location. Has anyone stayed there recently? I see it's up on the hill, sort of behind the romantic zone...the view should be amazing. More interested in the service there and the condition of the building and furnishings. Thanks for any info.

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WIVC Alta Vista

I stayed there about 5 years ago and it is a great location compared to most other timeshares. The resort is located just above the highway behind Edificio La Scala on Pulpito and it's walk able if you are fit and active but we would usually take a taxi back at night. The rooms and the pool area were clean and well kept but the furnishings were very basic.

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WIVC Alta Vista

Cool, thanks. The walk would be fine. The locations sounds great. Different. We're up for the challenge. Mucho Gracias.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WIVC Alta Vista

I stayed there with RCI last May and thought it was okay. The pool area was very nice, and the unit was large and clean with a great balcony. It was furnished nicely, although nothing fancy. The kitchen was well equipped and the wi-fi worked pretty well once you get the code from the front desk. The same guy always seemed to be working, and he was very helpful and nice.

But the view was mostly obstructed by larger buildings down the hill from Alta Vista. I'm sure at one time the view was great, but now it's sort of a sliver. My only other issue was I didn't think the one A/C unit in the bedroom was enough to cool the entire unit. It was sufficient for sleeping, but would not cool down the living and kitchen areas very well.

However, as an RCI trade I would not stay anyplace else. The location is fantastic, with the next closest being the Sheraton, and that's quite a hike to the south side. And remember, for those days you don't want to walk back up that hill, the taxi fare is only a little over $3.00 these days (if you pay in pesos).

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WIVC Alta Vista

Excellent info. Thank you!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WIVC Alta Vista

Glad it helped. Have a blast...

6. Re: WIVC Alta Vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:40