We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tequila

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Tequila

Hi,

Were is a good place to buy tequila while in downtown Puerto Vallarta?

Thanks.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tequila

Is the 'new' (opened last December) tequila store on Olas Altas (next door to Andales) still open? I seldom see it mentioned here.

I thought it had a great selection of brands, but I'm not a huge drinker or fan, and could have been impressed by the salespeople.

Just curious ... and have copied Deb's list for future reference.

Cheers!

California
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tequila

Isn't that the same one JR was referring to?!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tequila

"Isn't that the same one JR was referring to?!"

Nope .. that's the La Playa liquor store, a couple of blocks to the north. (and our favourite store to catch spirits)

California
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tequila

"south side on Olas Altas just south of Lázaro Cárdenas park"

This is the second of the two he gave?! So is it walking distance from La Playa store to the one you are mentioning?

Thanks.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tequila

"south side on Olas Altas just south of Lázaro Cárdenas park"

... that's the La Playa store. (and as I said, it's the one we shop at for our liquor stuff)

And to your second question, 'yes', just a couple of blocks south of there, to the one I was referencing.

Hope this helps!!

(edit to correct a direction!!)

Edited: 21 May 2012, 17:10
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tequila

is it Vino american?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tequila

... on Olas Altas, right next door to Andales Restaurant/bar. The location used to be a jewelry store.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Tequila

the new tequila store on olas altas was open and very well stocked when we were there about three weeks ago. the name is "tequila arrecife," though they didn't have an exterior sign up yet (got the name from their biz card).

their inventory tends toward artisinal, small-producer brands. i did not see a lot of the more familiar names. many items are available in both regular bottles and special, keepsake-type bottles. a nice feature of the store is they will allow you to sample what you are considering buying. we "discovered" el mandatario reposado, a very smooth sipper, that way. they also carry some mezcals and flavored tequilas.

agree with the others that vinos america is terrific and la playa is a mainstay. nice thing is that they are within a few blocks of each other so if one doesn't have what you want, you aren't far from one of the others.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Tequila

citylifer ... thanks for that!! (and the name, which I could not remember)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Tequila

you are very welcome, johnny. i have benefited BIG time from all of your helpful info over the years, especially the food and massage intel (hey, we all have our priorities!).